Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bum genius??

(9 Posts)
MumofthreeandBean Tue 15-Nov-16 14:11:58

Looking into reusables, come across bum genius and all the reviews sound good.
Anyone use them??

I've always used disposables before

JohnLapsleyParlabane Tue 15-Nov-16 14:14:49

They're a premium brand, and the prints hold their value well. Cloth nappies come in a huge variety of shapes and sizes so what works for one baby man not work for another. Have you considered hiring a trial kit from a nappy library?

MumofthreeandBean Tue 15-Nov-16 14:17:17

There are none near me, I live rural, have no friends who have ever used reusable either

OwlinaTree Mon 12-Dec-16 21:41:44

I've never used them but I've only ever heard good things about them.

venys Mon 24-Apr-17 11:19:40

I have always got on well with Flips - they don't contain the poo in the pad though and end up on the wrap, but it never comes out of the leg. I think because they are slim and the cotton good quality is why I like them. Not a fan so much of Elementals. The inserts are sewn in and it seems thinner. Haven't tried the other designs. As pp has said, they are a premium brand and will rarely have discounts. My Flip inserts would never be in a good enough Condition to sell on either so you may struggle to find second hand.

Ditsy79 Wed 26-Apr-17 19:57:56

I used Bum Genius Freetime with my daughter - they were easy to put on, quick drying and looked lovely. Also a bonus that they last all the way through to potty training. We did get more leaks with the freetime than with the two-part sized system we also used (little lambs plus wrap), but as long as you change frequently enough it is not generally an issue.

CheepAndOrm Wed 26-Apr-17 20:01:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

4yoniD Wed 26-Apr-17 20:04:27

Used them, liked them. Good fit from maybe 3 months to 2 years? Bit big for newborns (but do-able) and bit small for big toddlers, but good for everything between that!

SleepWhatSleep1 Wed 26-Apr-17 20:08:10

I used the bumgenius pockets. Don't get the velcro though - found i had to replace most of them after 2-3 years so they didn't get much use with dc2. I only had 20 though so they saw hard use! Poppers last much better... However i replaced them with TJs nappies and little blooms - much the same and these have lasted much better even with 2 in them now I've got dc3 while dc2 still not potty trained.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now