Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy Pants?

(9 Posts)
JLeeAmor Thu 08-Sep-16 20:33:53

Hi all,
Iv been having such a struggle lately with my 18month old son changing his nappy & he's not ready to 'potty train' just yet as he's showing no interest (I'm going for the sign approach till he's 2!) anyways I saw an advert for Pampers Nappy Pants & thought brilliant idea...
However what's your approach on them? Are they absorbent as nappies? Is it a struggle when it's been soiled to get off?

Or shall I stick with it and demand that I'm the parent and he's the toddler and he does as I say?
Thank you a lot xx

theothersideoftheworld Thu 08-Sep-16 20:41:04

My 18 month old is the same. I have to pin him down and change him whilst he wriggles round like worm. I tried the pull ups - not the pampers ones but sainsburys own. I don't like them. These leaked, and they had the adjustable sides so my ds could just pull them off if he wanted.
Also if it's a poo nappy I would have to lie him down anyway. I think I'm just going to struggle on and get quicker at changing him!!

Hufflepuffin Wed 14-Sep-16 08:22:13

Lie him on the floor and put a leg over his torso!

Solasum Wed 14-Sep-16 08:24:39

I really rate pampers pants. They are very absorbent and easy to use, and you just tear down the sides to take off. Also very flexible and comfy for wriggled at night.

Rinceoir Wed 14-Sep-16 08:26:15

Pull ups are exactly like nappies in my experience. I found them useless when potty training as DD just thought they were nappies, but great at that squirmy time.

SaggyNaggy Wed 14-Sep-16 08:36:04

We use these:

www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-loves-baby-easy-fit-nappies-size-6-extra-large-economy-pack-34-pants/237-2283.prd?source=others

Have done for a while. They're brilliant, use them over night and when we're out and about etc.

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 14-Sep-16 08:38:39

My Dd is 16 months and is a wriggler! I use Aldi Mamia pull ups during the day, and as long as it's only a wet nappy, I can easily change her while she's standing up. If it's poo, I still have to wrestle with her to lay down - although I was quite surprised at how efficient they are as crap-catchers! I thought poo would explod out of them because of how stretchy they are, but they are actually proving to be quite good!

MrsMillions Wed 14-Sep-16 08:46:28

I used Asda First Pants with DD1 and was very happy with them. As others have mentioned for other brands, the side seams rip for easy removal. Too absorbent to be much help potty training but served us well while she was too wriggly for the changing mat, and absolutely fine overnight. We have some left over since she finished potty training and will definitely be using them with DD2.

Lules Wed 14-Sep-16 08:46:59

I've been using pampas pants since my baby was about 10 months old. They're brilliant as he won't lie down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now