This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Backwards nappy changing!!

(6 Posts)
mnbex29 Thu 25-Aug-16 17:22:44

Hi there, my DS is 9 months old and potentially the most squirmy baby ever!! My DM and MIL have raised 9 children between them and they confirm they've never come across such a strong, determined wriggler!! The issue we're all having is that when changing DS he is constantly flipping over onto his tummy which makes getting a new nappy onto him almost impossible. We've tried engaging with him, singing, pulling faces, giving him toys or objects to hold but nothing works for long enough. He's also so strong that he is even able to squirm I
round with a second person holding him down!!

mnbex29 Thu 25-Aug-16 17:24:28

Sorry pressed post before I finished my message...

mnbex29 Thu 25-Aug-16 17:27:13

What I wanted to ask was...as he's so determined to be on his tummy can anyone give me any tips on how to put a new nappy on while he's on his tummy? Or is it possible to put a nappy on backwards (or would it leak)? Or does anyone have any other tips for keeping a squirmy baby on their back for long enough to change them?!confused

GlitteryFluff Thu 25-Aug-16 17:34:18

DS went through this phase. I just persevered and got the nappy on. I continuously rolled him back onto his back. Eventually it stopped...

purplepaisley Thu 25-Aug-16 17:43:31

Try switching to pull ups for a while?

Hufflepuffin Wed 14-Sep-16 08:24:15

What are you changing him on? My DS was the same if I tried to change him on the bed but actually much better if on the cot top changer - I think he knew it was a bit dangerous so stayed stiller!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now