This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Leaking nappies

(7 Posts)
StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Thu 18-Aug-16 10:24:55

DS is nearly 3 months old. Every poo he does (and he does a lot) travels in a backwards and upwards direction, so it frequently leaks up the back of his nappy. It's even more of a problem if he's in the sling (which is a lot of the time). I've tried going up a size, but it just moved the poo leak from the back to the leg. He's currently in ASDA little angels nappies and they don't really seem to absorb poo at all. Is this a size problem or a nappy type problem? What should I change to reduce the risk of poo leak?

CaramelPrincess Thu 18-Aug-16 10:30:12

I found the asda ones to be rubbish, we use the morrisons own brand ones on my 6 month old DS and haven't had any accidents since. It's worth a try switching to different brands and seeing what suits. To be honest though, if there is going to be a leakage I don't think there's much you can do to stop it, think they just like making a mess haha!

CaramelPrincess Thu 18-Aug-16 10:31:05

Definitely do not recommend pampers I found them to be a complete waste of money!

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Thu 18-Aug-16 10:31:17

It always seems to happen at the worst times too.

StillNoFuckingEyeDeer Thu 18-Aug-16 10:31:50

Thanks Caramel. I'll try Morrisons

milpool Thu 18-Aug-16 10:33:11

Aldi disposable nappies tend to be the best. Unfortunately you will always tend to have up-the-back leaks with disposables and liquid poo as they just don't sit snugly enough around the waist.

I know it's not for everyone but I always found we never had leaks like that with cloth nappies as the elastic makes for a closer fit.

ohidoliketobe Thu 18-Aug-16 10:34:37

I didn't like asda's. Maybe get a few small packs of a few different brands and see if they're any better. I think they all vary slightly differently in their fit. For DS Aldi Mamia and Boots own brand have been great. Due DC2 in 3 weeks and have got size 1 and 2 packs in a few different brands to see what works for her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now