This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Might sound stupid here.

(10 Posts)
Heavenscent86 Sun 24-Apr-16 08:24:25

I have got a reusable nappy to try for my little boy and put him in it for the first time this morning. It is a pocket nappy so I have wedged the fleece insert that came with it inside the pocket and put two thin disposable liners on the top next to his skin. Is this right? And when it comes to changing him do I have to take off the whole nappy with pocket nappies or do I just dispose of and replace the thin liners? This is my first foray into reusables so I'm a little clueless.

PoppetPants Sun 24-Apr-16 08:43:46

Do you know what brand of nappy it is? Normally with a pocket nappy you'll either have an attached or separate absorbent pad (insert) that goes inside the nappy to soak up wee and the fleece liner generally goes on top between baby's skin and the nappy as that helps keep them dry as it pulls the moisture away.

Heavenscent86 Sun 24-Apr-16 08:52:40

Ah right. So I might need to get a more absorbent liner for it then. I'm not sure what brand it is as my partner bought it so I will have to ask him if it doesn't say on the nappy. Thank you. Perhaps I will change him in a minute so he doesn't leak everywhere in that case.

PoppetPants Sun 24-Apr-16 09:41:44

He shouldn't leak as long as there is an insert in the nappy to absorb the wee smile was there anything else to put in the nappy apart from the fleece liner? What does the fleece look like?

Heavenscent86 Sun 24-Apr-16 09:59:03

The fleece liner was the only thing included and it looks the same as the inside of the nappy. It's as long as the nappy and a rectangular shape.

PoppetPants Sun 24-Apr-16 14:22:10

Ah, that might not be a liner then, you should get a microfibre insert that absorbs the wee. Normally they wouldn't include a fleece liner so sounds like you're doing it right smile

How did you get on with it?

Heavenscent86 Sun 24-Apr-16 16:30:47

Well the nappy fits him nicely considering he's quite little. He's almost 9lb. The thin disposable liners bunched up a lot though so I'm not sure if I'm missing something to get them to stay in place.

PoppetPants Sun 24-Apr-16 18:53:33

I tried the disposable liners and had the same problem, once I'd given the nappies a try and decided I wanted to use more I ordered some fleece liners. They were really good for DD as she was really prone to nappy rash.

Nan0second Sat 30-Apr-16 07:30:20

You don't need a fleece liner if you have disposable liner in there - it's one or the other. It's just to catch poo.
That liner goes next to the skin.
Boosters (the absorbant bits) go in the pocket.
Check out the nappy lady page - there are loads of helpful advice bits and videos on there
Www.thenappylady.co.uk

poocatcherchampion Sat 30-Apr-16 07:36:34

I don't use any kind of liner.
Especially not with bm poo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now