Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Help!!!

(16 Posts)
gbrano1 Mon 18-Apr-16 11:11:41

So after searching to see if there are any nappies after size 6+ I keep reading that, firstly, no there isn't, and secondly, 'most babies don't get past size 5 before they're being potty trained' blush .. So I need help. My son has just turned 10 months old two days ago, and he's in size 6+!! They are getting small on him.. Am i going to have to start a new business venture?? He's not even that big he just seems average size. Help!! confused

SweepTheHalls Mon 18-Apr-16 11:12:40

Really? I think you must be using Nappies waaaaay too big TBH! How heavy is he?

RatOnnaStick Mon 18-Apr-16 11:15:26

Hmm. Are you sure you have the right size? Pampers size 6+ is made for children over 16kg/35lb. They are generally suitable for toddlers and preschoolers over 2 at minimum. How much does your baby weigh?

gbrano1 Mon 18-Apr-16 11:20:28

Yes pampers size 6+. Honestly they are gaping at the sides now he has such a round belly. He goes to nursery as my partner and I work full time, and they even advised us that the think his nappies are getting small! I just can't get my head around it. He's definitely not 16kg though.. Not sure of his exact weight. (mum of the year award!)

joopy79 Mon 18-Apr-16 11:22:42

Mine is 13 kg in size 4 nappies! Are you absolutely sure?

gbrano1 Mon 18-Apr-16 11:27:48

I am 100% positive! I will take some photographs this evening of the nappies and on him to show you all. I know it sounds so ridiculous I'm just as confused as you all are!

Walkinglikeazombie Mon 18-Apr-16 11:28:44

My DD1 was 2.4 before she was potty trained, weighed 15kg and was in 5+ nappies. Do not wish to offend, but I'm pretty sure 6+ must be too big for your 10mo?
Where do you rest the nappy once you do it up? I always lower them to be under the belly button rather than across the belly.

gbrano1 Mon 18-Apr-16 11:32:16

No you're not offending don't worry. They don't seem too big, and with nursery also advising us that they seem small it would appear that they are. We would fasten them probably in line with his belly button. Maybe if i took them down lower I may find that they're too big? Thanks for all the advice.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Mon 18-Apr-16 11:35:29

DD is 10 months, 22lbs and wears size 5. if he's got a rounded tummy his belly button might be too low, have you tried doing them up higher up?

gbrano1 Mon 18-Apr-16 11:36:30

It seems the higher up we go the bigger the gaps become in the side which is why I try to keep it lower?

Leeloo2 Mon 18-Apr-16 11:49:47

I've found sainsburys own brand are stretchier than other brands, so they fit better, if that's any help.

My dd was the same chubbiness wise. I was using washable nappies (that come in size 1,2 and 3. 3 are for 35 lbs+) and at 6 months the size 2s were leaving red marks round her super chubby little thighs, so I tried a size 3 I had from when older dc was just over 2 and they fitted perfectly! I measured her tummy etc for ordering clothes online at about 10 months and it suggested she'd be in age 2-3 years width wise. hmm

She then started crawling and then walking and her legs slimmed right down, then her tummy did and now at 2.5 she's still wearing the same trousers she was wearing well over a year ago - but with no turn ups now. smile

gbrano1 Mon 18-Apr-16 11:55:41

I tried the Asda own brand at the start as I got bought some for my baby shower, however i was finding my LO was waking up wet after a sleep so I quickly got rid and just stuck to pampers. I might try the sainsburys though if u recommend? He's been crawling from just before 6 months and is pulling himself up walking around all the furniture etc so he is active, and he really isn't a chunky monkey, he's more long than anything. so confused!!

Ah you're getting lots of wear out of her clothes then, thats brill. Yay for no turn ups now though!! grin

Judgeaway Mon 18-Apr-16 12:55:43

My Ds nearly 4 is 15kg and is in size 5+ sainsburys ones. We was using pampers but they seemed small. He's got special needs so will be in nappies a while yet. Ds1 was out of nappies before he reached size 5 every child's different

gbrano1 Mon 18-Apr-16 13:05:07

Thank you Judgeaway! I was speaking about it in work and one of my colleagues told me her daughter was the same and she tried sainsburys and they were so much better, apparently pampers come up small! Thanks for all the advice I'm going to try sainsburys own. I'll keep you all posted! smile

Judgeaway Mon 18-Apr-16 13:49:32

Let me know how you get on smile sainsburys have a lot more stretch and they don't leak smile

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Mon 18-Apr-16 14:39:11

You could try pull ups instead? they are really stretchy on the sides so won't chafe his legs

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now