This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Best place to sell reusable nappies?

(9 Posts)
Cornwall73 Mon 11-Jan-16 20:32:41

Hi, have a large stack of bum genius nappies, liners, boosters etc which I used very sporadically for my twins. I'm looking to sell them on but not sure where is the best place to post them. eBay? Gumtree? Any advice?

BelfastSmile Mon 11-Jan-16 20:39:15

There are dedicated Facebook groups... Can't think of the name of the one I'm on, but if you search you'll probably find it. It's something like "Cloth nappies buy and sell". Haven't sold on then, but the posts seem to get lots of activity and things sell quickly.

BelfastSmile Mon 11-Jan-16 20:40:38

"Pre-loved cloth nappies and accessories" is the one. So I was close with the name...

MouldyPeach Mon 11-Jan-16 20:41:48

eBay is good but you can't sell used nappies. Lots of people do by saying they are not new in the body of the listing but I imagine that's against eBay rules.

DataColour Mon 11-Jan-16 20:43:06

Natural mamas forum

Cornwall73 Mon 11-Jan-16 20:50:29

Thanks, but I'm not a Facebook user. I have had a look at eBay but stuff doesn't seem to shift. Is it because people have high starting prices. I have a policy of starting everything at 99p unless it's very expensive (e.g. My double buggy).

BelfastSmile Mon 11-Jan-16 20:58:10

I think you'd be better to put a fixed price on them, rather than starting low. They're the kind of thing that you might not get a lot of bids on. To be honest, I'd start with Gumtree (as it's free) and see how it goes. If that doesn't shift them, try EBay (though as said above, you're not meant to sell used ones on EBay).

GetKnitted Mon 11-Jan-16 21:01:42

I sold my set of resuable nappies (not particularly well used) for half the price I had bought them for, I figured if they got on with them it was a real bargain, and if they didn't we'd shared the pain.

If I remember correctly it is against ebay's rules to sell used nappies and the lot can be taken down without any notice.

twinsandonemore Sun 17-Jan-16 19:35:44

Hi Cornwall, have just messaged you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now