Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

does he still need swim nappies?

(7 Posts)
minitoot Mon 17-Aug-15 15:18:41

Hope this is the right place for this question!
DS (3) is basically potty trained. We've still been using a swim nappy for when we go to the pool though. Should I not do this any longer? I'm just wondering because the last time we went (a few weeks ago), he wet himself in the afternoon after we'd been to the pool and I thought it was because he had got used to wee-ing in the nappy in the morning, if you see what I mean. Should I be abandoning the swim nappies, having him just in his trunks and just telling him to let me know if he needs a wee so we can get out?

MyNameIsSuz Mon 17-Aug-15 15:21:15

I haven't put mine in a swim nappy since he was potty trained. He did wee in the pool once and was really upset!

Buttercup27 Mon 17-Aug-15 15:23:17

Unless you are 100% certain he is not going to have an accident he definitely needs to wear one.
We use reusable swim nappies with swim shorts on top, they look and feel just like normal pants so would avoid confusion.

dementedpixie Mon 17-Aug-15 15:23:43

The swim nappy is to contain poo rather than pee so if you think he is unlikely to poo in the swim nappy then he doesn't really need them any more

minitoot Mon 17-Aug-15 15:57:21

Thanks everyone. I am certain he won't have a poo accident. I'm not certain he won't have a wee accident! smile

Diggum Mon 17-Aug-15 16:03:43

Agree with pixie. Swim nappies are for poo so if he's not at risk of that then whip it off!

minitoot Mon 17-Aug-15 17:50:36

OK, thanks! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now