Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

How do you transport terries?

(13 Posts)
Peaceloveandcustardcreams Sun 09-Aug-15 00:12:44

I use terry nappies with fleece liners + disposable paper liners and Little Lamb wraps. At the moment I'm transporting them rolled up into sausages and stuffed into a clean wet bag (I fold them as I need them), but there must be a better way? Both mother and MIL used terries but when I've asked them how they took them out and about, all they say is, "in a bag" hmm really helpful.
Any clever ideas?

Peaceloveandcustardcreams Sun 09-Aug-15 12:01:17

Bump

DunderMiffed Sun 09-Aug-15 12:24:48

I haven't used it but this fold is meant to be nice and portable www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=405857 - I suspect finding the right bag or pocket to hold them together would be good (little drawstring washbag maybe?)

Peaceloveandcustardcreams Sun 09-Aug-15 13:47:04

I hadn't thought of folding them all the way! Duh. I'm using a drawstring wet bag at the moment but just bought some cheap zip up flat ones on eBay so will try that! Thank you smile

BreeVDKamp Tue 11-Aug-15 09:56:34

Which fold do you use to fit a terry under a little lamb wrap? I love the little lamb wraps but terries are absolutely enormous on DS and wouldn't fit under a pretty wrap, only a motherease wrap :-/ Am using the Jo fold!

Peaceloveandcustardcreams Tue 11-Aug-15 13:28:53

Hi Bree
DS has always been a chunk so I've only ever used size 2 LL wraps - I wonder if that makes a difference? I started using the kite or Jo folds when he was younger, but am now using Gaynor with a booster at the front, to make it boy friendly!

BreeVDKamp Tue 11-Aug-15 13:33:07

Peace, thanks! I just received a size 1 LL wrap in the post, I think if I size up it could work, you're right! Love that they have a double gusset. DS is skinny so a huge nappy looks sooooo silly grin only use terries at home though so it doesn't matter anyway.

Peaceloveandcustardcreams Tue 11-Aug-15 13:43:33

Hurray! When you start using all the pretty LL designs you'll be taking him out in them too wink I have one Flip popper wrap and I just can't get it to fit correctly - velcro is soo much easier to get perfect!
What size terries are you using? I'm trying to find some 70x70 because my 60x60 are too small (I suspect they have shrunk in the wash angry) now. That's why I've changed folds, but tbh the kite fold was so easy, I think I could go back to that if I got bigger squares.

BreeVDKamp Tue 11-Aug-15 16:05:39

Mine are 60x60. It's hard to find any bigger!

Yeah they're so handy as they dry so quickly! Hopefully the LL wraps will work out smile

poocatcherchampion Tue 11-Aug-15 16:08:10

I found rumparooz wraps good with terries. I always use poppers and it was fine. Double gusset too.

jeee Tue 11-Aug-15 16:14:25

With dc1, I used to ready prepare nappies, with insets and nappy liners, and bring nappy sacks to tie them up in.

However, after a couple of nappy changes when I absent-mindedly (and somewhat expensively) chucked the reusable nappy into nappy bins I gave up and used disposables when out and about.

CatWithKittens Wed 12-Aug-15 11:22:44

BreeVDKamp KosiKare have 75cm Terries - here: kosikare.auctivacommerce.com/6-30-Terry-Towelling-Nappy-P1542837.aspx
Since they seem to be a manufacturer I would guess they could probably make 70 cm ones as well. HTH We have had this size nappies in the past from the Nappy Lady and from Twinkle but when we last looked one wasn't selling them and the other was out of stock so we went for KosiKare. They don't seem to wash as well or be so fluffy but they do the job with an older child,

Peaceloveandcustardcreams Wed 12-Aug-15 11:34:39

Oh thank you Cat! I've emailed Twinkle to ask if they'll be back in stock but that's really great. I might get a few to see what they're like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now