Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Babies in terries - what else do they wear??

(12 Posts)
BreeVDKamp Thu 06-Aug-15 17:35:21

Just started 10 week old DS in cloth nappies. Thinking of doing terries + wrap while we're at home because they're so economical and dry so quickly.

But they are sooooooo bulky (Jo fold)!! I've got DS just in a t shirt but it keeps riding up to his armpits leaving his tummy exposed. I know you can get vest extenders, but vests that would fit his nappy circumference would flood his top half. Trousers look ridiculous!!

He is skinny and long. Using motherease wraps which I'm told are the best but they're huge too.

savasana Thu 06-Aug-15 17:37:39

I use my eldest son's bigger T shirts at home when wearing bulky nappies. More material, less riding up troubles!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 06-Aug-15 17:40:58

T-shirt and leg warmers

BreeVDKamp Thu 06-Aug-15 21:22:04

Ah yes! DS has some leg warmers, will get some more.

I guess t shirts are the only option really!

jessplussomeonenew Thu 06-Aug-15 21:23:42

We use vest extenders and trousers in the size up (or leggings) and it seems to work OK. You might find shaped cloth nappies are a bit less bulky though.

PinPon Thu 06-Aug-15 21:28:34

Brands like Frugi are cut for cloth nappies. Might be worth a look. We managed with vest extenders, larger vests (short sleeved) and leggings (rolled up when necessary).

jessplussomeonenew Thu 06-Aug-15 21:37:14

Good point PinPon, H&M are good too.

IAmAPaleontologist Thu 06-Aug-15 21:38:03

My lot all wore Frugi stuff, can usually get 2nd hand on ebay, boys stuff especially goes pretty cheap. lasts ages so worth the money imo. ds2 is wearing stuff that is 5 years old and has been worn by 4 children before him.

BreeVDKamp Thu 06-Aug-15 21:42:48

Yes I am coming round to the shaped, sized nappies eg bamboozles, we have one for night time (just trying it out before we buy more). I did want birth to potty ones but I hear they're not so reliable leak-wise. But the bamboozle I have seems to be taking ages to dry... Pros and cons to everything I guess! Anyway am getting off topic.

I love the frugi stuff I've seen so far - parsnip pants!! Gorgeous. Going to keep my eye on eBay, good idea.

IAmAPaleontologist Thu 06-Aug-15 21:46:18

yeah bamboozles take ages, terry squares are fab. cheap pocket outers on ebay are brilliant when they get bigger, mobile babies being a little more difficult to get a nappy on (though it is a skill I'm proud of developing! ) you can just get the outers and stuff them with your terry squares.

BreeVDKamp Thu 06-Aug-15 22:07:02

So put the terry in the pocket? I think my terries must be huge. I think they're 60x60.

IAmAPaleontologist Thu 06-Aug-15 22:15:08

yeah just pad folded and stuffed in, works well in birth to potty pocket nappies if you are like me and too tight to buy the proper inners grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now