Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What's in your (cloth nappy) change bag?

(9 Posts)
BreeVDKamp Mon 03-Aug-15 15:16:47

We're just phasing into exclusively using cloth nappies, using up our last disposables and stocking up on reusables. Just wondering if there's any cool useful things that it's good to have in my change bag? Equally I don't want to cart loads of stuff around, cloth nappies take up more space than disposables as it is.

Whoami24601 Mon 03-Aug-15 15:29:26

A wet bag- you can get them online for about a fiver. Great for wet/ dirty nappies and clothes, and keep the smells contained smile

BreeVDKamp Mon 03-Aug-15 19:02:57

Thanks! I've found some lovely patterned ones.

If you use washable wipes what do you put the clean wet wipes in in your bag??

Ditsy79 Mon 03-Aug-15 22:04:25

We have a little Tupperware for our clean wipes when we're out and about.
A wetbag to hold dirty nappies and wipes.
A muslin or 2 to lay on changing tables/ wipe wet playground equipment/ use as an impromptu bib etc.

Allthatnonsense Mon 03-Aug-15 22:15:42

My change bag holds:

2 cloth nappies
2 disposable nappies
Packet wet wipes
Packet of tissues
1 wet bag
1 roll naty sacs
Milton hand gel
1 muslin
1 change of clothes
1 small change mat

Wondermoomin Mon 03-Aug-15 22:44:34

I used washable wipes but used to just wet them under the tap before using. I had two kids in cloth at once, so I would make up a 'roll' of nappy, booster if required, fleece liner, and a couple of washable wipes, and stuff however many of those rolls I needed (or could fit) in the changing bag depending on how long we were out for. Then it's nice and easy to grab a 'roll' containing all you need for a nappy change. Also had a zip-up wet bag - essential!

WhatAHooHa Mon 03-Aug-15 22:54:22

I have 2 nappies, a wet bag, and a little travel bottle bag ( like this) which has my wipes (£1shop flannels), a small spray bottle of water, a tiny refill pot of nappy cream (I use e45). I have also decanted some suntan lotion into another of the small bottles, and some baby shampoo for emergency washing!]]]]

WhatAHooHa Mon 03-Aug-15 22:57:24

(I also carry the wipes dry, using my spray bottle of water to spray on baby's bum before wiping)

BreeVDKamp Tue 04-Aug-15 03:36:37

Oh good idea to carry the wipes dry, duh! Why didn't I think of that.

V helpful thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now