Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Bumgenius Staining

(5 Posts)
Allthatnonsense Mon 20-Jul-15 14:45:22

This is our 3rd week of reusables. I am using Little Lambs Bamboo, Little Lambs sized pockets and Bumgenius V4.
I dry pail and wash every other day. I use a cold wash followed by a hot wash with half amount of persil non bio powder.
The little lambs are coming out clean, but the Bumgenius inserts have yellow stains (ebf 7 week old).
What can I do to get the stains out? I know that sunlight helps, but on days like today there is no chance of line drying.
I would be grateful for any advice!

Ditsy79 Mon 20-Jul-15 18:32:13

The only thing I found to shift the stains is sunlight - dry them near a sunny window if the weather's too bad to dry them outside. Do you use liners? That might stop some of the stain going onto the nappy itself

babyiwantabump Mon 20-Jul-15 18:34:14

Fleece liners? Other than that sunshine . I have never had this problem though.
Especially when ebf it is more now the toddler poo that seems to try to stain.

I do a cold wash then a 60 wash them a rinse . I use Eco eggs .

lentilpot Mon 20-Jul-15 18:54:27

You could try using more powder and add extra rinses. The sunlight will make a difference even on a day like today - or just leave them stained till you get a chance to get them in the sun

stargirl1701 Mon 20-Jul-15 23:16:36

Sunlight may work but you can use laundry bleach on BG.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now