Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Drooping nappies

(14 Posts)
Mallyboo33 Sun 12-Jul-15 16:35:13

My 2.5 ds is still in day nappies (cloth terries). The problem is he is so active, his nappy keeps falling down, especially when wet. Any ideas to keep them up?

stargirl1701 Sun 12-Jul-15 18:07:17

What do you use as a cover?

LettuceLaughton Sun 12-Jul-15 18:09:25

Do you use pins or clips?

grant10 Tue 14-Jul-15 00:39:48

I found that a onesie over the nappy always did a good job of keeping it where it should be - and pins were best for a tighter fit. Good luck!

Mallyboo33 Tue 14-Jul-15 14:57:49

Thank for the replies. I've used every sort of cover, Motherease, Bambino and plastic pants. I use nappy pins as I find those stretchy clip things very fiddly. The problem with onesies is that they are a bit hot with other clothing during the current good weather. Perhaps I should try a different nappy fold.

Tutu1000 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:00:52

Once my ds's got to that sort of age I found the best thing for us was padfolding the terry nappy. I then used motherease wraps or fuzzi bunz outers and put the pad inside.

CatWithKittens Tue 14-Jul-15 15:04:39

Which fold do you use? We found the "neat fold", pinned, held up best though soggy droopy nappies do seem to go with the "Terrytory" from time to time.

Theas18 Tue 14-Jul-15 15:09:14

Velcro mother ease wraps on a pinned terry seemed best for us.

Maybe try a different nappy fold to get a better fit. This definitely changed as baby grew ( and was fun to experiment).

Does he object to a soggy nappy? You might be on the cusp of training - maybe take the stay dry liner out if you use one to see if he notices. We used fleece liners they were very dry!

Mallyboo33 Thu 16-Jul-15 11:03:10

The Velcro mother ease wrap sounds worth a try, but my only concern is DS being fascinated by the Velcro and his little fingers undoing it! I've used the kite fold up until now, so perhaps I'll try a different one. DS is never bothered by having a soggy nappy, only having a bit of a tantrum when it falls down! Training is another bane of my live, being constantly nagged by MIL that he should be out of nappies by now. Problem is DS doesn't seemed bother by having a wet or dirty nappy and won't tell me when he's got one.

Tutu1000 Thu 16-Jul-15 13:55:59

My boys were never bothered by a wet nappy. Infact they weren't bothered by wet pants either! Ds2 did have a fascination with velcro, but at 2 he was able to undo it and then do it back up again. The Motherease wraps we used with a pad folded terry nappy were the rikki ones, the airflow ones have poppers, but they are a bit roomy, so don't hold a pad folded terry in place unless you pin it somehow.

Mallyboo33 Sat 18-Jul-15 15:42:33

I tried different nappy folds, but I don't think the "neat fold" is quite as neat as the kite, which I'm most familiar with. I think it's down to the cover to keep everything up and a friend has just handed me down a pair of "Disana" waterproof pants, which seem to do the job. I think she said she got them from "TwinkleTwinkle". They are just like the traditional plastic pants I have used, but better quality and apparently they are supposed to be breathable. Also, they are generously sized to give good coverage of a more bulky night nappy. I'll see how things go. Thanks all for your replies.

Fleecyleesy Sat 18-Jul-15 15:48:34

You can get vests that do up under the crotch for this age group. Sometimes you can also get them sleeveless so with a pair of shorts, that would be a n outfit that'd keep cool.

www.marksandspencer.com/7-pack-pure-cotton-sleeveless-bodysuits/p/p20124323

These come in age 2-3.

Mallyboo33 Sun 19-Jul-15 08:19:10

Thanks Fleecyleesy. These onesies look as though they will do the job and stay cool in summer.

Mallyboo33 Sun 19-Jul-15 08:19:43

Thanks Fleecyleesy. These onesies look as though they will do the job and stay cool in summer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now