Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Chemical burn from pampers

(9 Posts)
Saxobabe7 Sat 04-Jul-15 08:55:34

Hi my 10mo woke up yesterday with a horrendous burn across his back and hip, after a trip to the GP she confirmed this was indeed a chemic burn from the nappy! He was in a pampers baby dry and I've never had any problems before (I have twins so go through quite a lot of nappies!!) I called pampers and they will investigate, I have to send the remaining nappies back blah blah, but I know they won't find anything. Have seen a lot on their Facebook page about this happening to others and the advice seems to be to take it further and sue them. Just wondered if this has happened to anyone on here and if so what did you do. His skin has now blistered horrifically and is red raw and he is uncomfortable! Thanks

Saxobabe7 Sat 04-Jul-15 08:56:57

That meant to say chemical burn! smile

Hurr1cane Sat 04-Jul-15 09:13:36

Yeah but not with pampers, some children just don't react well to some nappies

Saxobabe7 Sat 04-Jul-15 09:49:11

They've been wearing them for the last 10 months though and although it was one random nappy, it was at the end of a pack of 54. I'm not out to shun the brand itself but just looking for others who may have had such severe burns. He has huge blisters on his skin and it covers a large area. The dye from that particular nappy also came out onto his babygro, even though the back of the nappy wasn't wet at all.

Artandco Sat 04-Jul-15 09:54:01

Not had it myself but have heard a few cases from friends. This was one reason we chose resusable

CunfuddledAlways Sat 04-Jul-15 09:57:50

This is why I don't use disposable nappies you have no idea what chemicals you are putting next to your babies skin!!!

ElphabaTheGreen Sat 04-Jul-15 10:02:15

Another vote for reusables/cloth and I've had two in nappies at the same time. You get used to the washing, honestly. It's no big deal after a while.

Saxobabe7 Sat 04-Jul-15 10:39:32

I've defo considered reusable and wanted to use them but worried with twins it will just be too much! Also don't want to spend out if I then don't get on with them! Time to re think and look at them again I reckon!

Artandco Sat 04-Jul-15 10:45:13

We used reusables with two. By 10 months you won't need so many also as out of the pre solid stage. But of course they many he potty trained by 18 months so could be limited time.

Look at something like little lambs maybe. They are quiet cheap ( I think you can get 10 for £50 still). So maybe get 10 to try, and if works get more. We just threw in wash every other evening, and hung on dryer indoors to dry overnight

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now