Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

reusable nappies - where to start?!

(4 Posts)
comeagainforbigfudge Fri 29-May-15 10:56:48

So my partner finally clicked with the whole expense of disposables after one of our ante-natal classes. He has now decided that reusables are an option.

I had brought it up before but he poo-poo'd it (excuse the bad pun wink).

Baby isn't here yet and because we weren't going with it, we have got a small stockpile of disposable nappies to being with. So for convenience/until we get the hang things we will use them up.

I am going to buy the aldi starter set just now. (But our local nct/kids clothing shop always has loads of reusables so will hit that up for more closer to the time)

I guess I'm just looking for advice.
How many nappies would people recommend?
What about washing/storing used ones?
Liners - the set seems to come with disposable ones but isn't that just as bad? Can I get reusable liners?

Is there a magic Web page that tells me all about it, in an easy non-befuddling way?

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

HarimadSol Fri 29-May-15 11:24:56

I found a couple of good websites! fillyourpants.com do an inexpensive trial of a few different types for a month so you can get your head around the different options. The Nappy Lady website will give you personalised recommendations.

I ended up choosing GroVia nappies and I really like them, despite their long drying time. They have reusable liners that I use overnight for extra absorbancy. Used nappies are stored dry in a bin with a mesh liner and a lid. I wash every other day, and use the mesh liner to transport them to the washing machine.

I also use reusable wipes from Cheeky Wipes and love them!

comeagainforbigfudge Fri 29-May-15 14:37:01

Oh thank you

I am wanting to do the cheeky wipes as well but one step at a time for convincing the OH wink although I have been sneakily buying clothes/eyeing up towels that could be chopped up and re-used grin

Off to look up fillyourpants now grin

donkir Fri 29-May-15 14:43:01

Try funky little bums on Facebook they're fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now