Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappies for heavy wetter (reusable)

(10 Posts)
lighteningmcmama Sat 14-Feb-15 01:10:14

Any recommendations?

Currently using bamboozle stretch with motherease wrap.

They work but I want to buy some more, wondering whether to try something different

Getting v little use of our easy fits because they get soaked through.dd is only 4mo and v small but I'm already needing to boost the easy fits, which makes them fit funny and we get leaks

Would love a combination of 2 parters and pocket nappies

lentilpot Sat 14-Feb-15 13:00:40

Are you using the size 1 or size 2 bamboozles?

nannynome Sat 14-Feb-15 13:09:41

We use Wonderoos and change the stuffing in the pockets depending on whether it is overnight or day time. Instead of doing what they recommend we wrap the microfibre in the bamboo prefold which helps with the absorbtion as bamboo soaks through faster than mf so catches and then the microfibre absorbs it. I think it is nappy week soon so there will be lots of discounts going!

lighteningmcmama Sat 14-Feb-15 14:39:20

We switched to size 2 a month agosmile

Will look up wonderoos, thanks!

geekaMaxima Sat 14-Feb-15 14:47:32

Rather than get a whole new line of nappies, have you tried adding boosters?

Littlelamb double- or triple-layered ones are the best I've found. I'm amazed by what they can soak up!

lighteningmcmama Sat 14-Feb-15 20:00:36

I added boosters and then the nappy looks so massive!

I borrowed a LL, and they came up huge as well!

The bamboozles are still pretty ok though tbh, I was just thinking of updating our stash

HeyMicky Sat 14-Feb-15 20:01:33

We used Teddies overnight for DD, no leaks ever

geekaMaxima Sat 14-Feb-15 20:41:15

Ah ok, 4 months is still quite little for boosters to fit well. I found they really came into their own at 6-7 months, though.

GroVia Hybrids were good for my skinny-legged boy - they're very easy to use.

lentilpot Sun 15-Feb-15 09:45:44

I love the little lamb sized pockets or Bambinex teddies with a Motherease wrap. I don't know how heavy a wetter my son is though! The pockets will get leaks at the thigh every now and then but just small ones.

Artandco Sun 15-Feb-15 13:45:35

The wonderoos v3 also. They come with a bamboo and microfibres booster so you can just use bamboo folded more ( folds in 3 usually but maybe x4 if small), or can add both.
They are one size fits all pockets, so should last until potty trained

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now