Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Are Itti Bitti winding down production? Alternatives?

(18 Posts)
Interrobang Sat 10-Jan-15 15:22:55

Happily cloth-nappied my firstborn four+ years ago. At the time, there were loads of colours and patterns of Itti Bitti to choose from.
Am now wishing to boost my stash a little for upcoming baby, would like some more Itti Bittis but there's hardly any choice, not many colours, and barely any patterned versions. What's happened, in four years, does anyone know?

And anything I can get instead that is similar? I liked the slim fit, and the lack of PUL/plastic, basically. And I'd prefer an AIO.

Interrobang Sun 11-Jan-15 19:50:19

Squtternutbaush Sun 18-Jan-15 23:17:38

They've just gone bust.

I found Bambooty Basics much better and very similar looking, they only do a few prints in amongst the block colours though.

There's a page on Facebook "preloved cloth nappies and accesories" and people are always selling on Itti's.

Interrobang Mon 19-Jan-15 11:19:44

Thanks so much for the reply. Darn, I thought they may have - shame, I liked theirs a lot.

Thank you SO much for the Bambooty Basics news - not actually discovered them, and they look perfect - I mainly wanted some plain colours, so will definitely get a few of these. Really appreciate your input, just what I was looking for.

Artandco Mon 19-Jan-15 11:25:39

Also look at the wonderoo v3. The minky outside fabric is lovely

Interrobang Mon 19-Jan-15 11:35:38

Ooh, liking the minky wonderoo too, thank you!

Any more, any more???

DeladionInch Mon 19-Jan-15 11:42:58

You can get minky cheapies from places like tj's cloth nappies?

Interrobang Mon 19-Jan-15 11:51:39

Wow, those are cheap! Have you used them?

Squtternutbaush Mon 19-Jan-15 12:07:18

At the price they're worth a shot but cheapies just didn't give a good fit for us and I hate stuffing pockets lol

Interrobang Mon 19-Jan-15 12:15:35

Thanks - I didn't use cheapies with my first, I do generally think you get what you pay for.

DeladionInch Mon 19-Jan-15 12:27:41

Yes, they were better once D's was about 6m+ as he spent too long between popper settings before that (Velcro ones are more recent) I stuffed with prefoldswhich isn't significantly harder than the amount of extra stuffing my expensive easyfits needed hmm

Then I switched to wool over fitteds, and my next will be in wool from birth.

Squtternutbaush Mon 19-Jan-15 13:30:12

We use motherease onesize or nippa'd prefolds under fleece or pul, strangely I just find 2 parters easier smile

Artandco Mon 19-Jan-15 13:32:48

The wonderoos you do stuff. But it literally takes a few mins each time they are dry so fine. The great thing is they dry very quickly as the stuffed part is washed out of nappy and open. So if you wash say in evening, and hang up, by morning all the inserts are dry and usually the nappies also if in warm place ie only 6 ish hours drying time. Yet can add double inserts for nighttimes if heavy wetter

Interrobang Mon 19-Jan-15 15:25:05

Thanks, DI I was mainly looking for some for the first few months, I already have a good stash of bigger nappies, but wanted a few teeny ones - one reason I liked Itti - they did a cute little newby size, and were lovely and slim.

DeladionInch Mon 19-Jan-15 15:42:56

you can get newborn sized cheapy pockets too. they were awesome for us to about 12lb. I absolutely adored my realeasies (wonderoos now I think?) the small lasted ages, and went back on at about 16 months for a while shock

Interrobang Mon 19-Jan-15 15:59:42

Ok, great, thank you. Any other websites to recommend to buy from?

DeladionInch Mon 19-Jan-15 17:17:27

tj's are the one I've used recently and would recommend but I think tinynippers do and maybe Sarah Jayne's. little lamb do sized pockets

Interrobang Tue 20-Jan-15 12:43:01

Super, thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now