Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Outgrowing Little Lamb Nappies?

(5 Posts)
BestZebbie Thu 01-Jan-15 14:15:24

A fortnight after my son was born, we started to use Little Lamb size 1 cloth nappies (with a variety of brands of wrap) as his default nappy system. He is now 10 weeks old and I have been very pleased with the nappies....except that he has just grown out of the size 1 nappies, which are supposed to last until he is 8-9 months old and half his current weight again (he weighs around 6kg, they are supposed to last until 9kg). For reference, he is on a growth curve just below the middle of the selection in the red book and following his curve pretty much exactly.

I'm quite upset by this as part of the point of cloth nappies (and buying little lambs in bulk as a more budget option for getting a full set than some other systems) was supposed to be that it would save money over time and reduce waste - but if the 17 nappies I have only fit him for 2 months that hardly applies. :/

I'm also now needing to buy a new full set of cloth nappies and although I had assumed I'd just get little lamb size 2s when the time came, I'm now worried that he will also grow out of those super-fast and I'll have to get a third full set of nappies before he starts to potty-train, which I really would prefer to avoid!

I am looking for experiences of Mumsnetters who have used the size 2 little lambs, or who have experience in various types of reusable nappy and can recommend another brand(s) which might be what I need to go to now. I'd quite like to carry on using my little lamb boosters/liners as I have lots of those and they seem to work well, so I am looking for a larger size of the outer nappy part. At present I use a mixture of bamboo and microfiber nappies - I was planning to buy all microfiber in size 2s as they dry so much quicker, but as they are also more expensive I'm less keen to do that if he might outgrow the next set quickly too.

Ditsy79 Fri 02-Jan-15 06:54:48

Seems a bit unusual for your baby to have grown out of the size 1's so early. Are you making sure you 'stretch' them lengthways before you put them on? We did have a problem with the size 1's and 'Builder's bum' at around 7 months, which was when we switched to size 2's (still using at 17 months with plenty of room). I contacted the nappylady for advice. I can't remember the name of the brand, but I'm sure she has one on her site which is supposed to be good for long babies.
Also, if you are friends with littlelambs on Facebook, you get really good sales - ie half price nappies - unfortunately their boxing day sale has just finished though.

Rockchick1984 Fri 02-Jan-15 10:04:17

Which was has he outgrown them - the rise on them or around his thighs?

lentilpot Fri 02-Jan-15 11:51:36

The nappy lady recommended Bambinex teddies for long babies, if you have one of those and are looking for a size 2 microfibre. But my 5 month old, 75th centile DS still has loads of room in his little lambs - I just ordered the size 2s in the Boxing Day sale, they arrived this morning and look enormous!

If you email little lamb they have always got back to me very quickly, periods you could send some pics?

Squtternutbaush Mon 05-Jan-15 20:28:09

I struggled to get the size 2 bamboo Little Lambs to cover my 9th centile daughter properly despite being 2lbs below the minimum weight.

The sized pockets are great though.

Easy Peasy Bumbles are one of the largest 2 parters as they have a huge rise, I used them on my 9 week old up to 18 months without issue until she started reacting to fleece then we had to move to Mother ease One size as she needs natural fibres.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now