Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Can I revive the velcro on my bumgenius nappies?

(5 Posts)
Inthesleeplessnightgarden Sat 15-Nov-14 22:19:27

The velcro on some of our long serving Bumgenius nappies has seen better days after four years of constant use by 2 DSs. I'm loathe to buy new nappies as DS2 hopefully has only another year in them but they're coming unstuck and we've had a few nappy around knees moments. Is there any way to revive it? Or do I need to unpick and replace? Wish I'd known better when DS1 was born or I'd have bought them all with poppers as the popper ones we have still look like new!

Momzilla82 Sat 15-Nov-14 22:25:28

You're looking for this?

www.thenappylady.co.uk/pocket-nappies/bumgenius-repair-kit.html

Inthesleeplessnightgarden Sun 16-Nov-14 17:25:29

Thanks Momzilla82 that's exactly what I'm looking for! Hope they get them back in stock soon, though having had a quick browse of the nappylady site I'm now tempted by a whole new nappy selection...

Momzilla82 Sun 16-Nov-14 19:09:47

HTh. Not responsible for related expenditure grin

Ditsy79 Mon 17-Nov-14 06:22:04

I bought some of those repair kits as had the same issue with my BG Freetimes.
If you have a sewing machine it is easier to replace the tabs, as the Velcro is very thick and difficult to get a needle through by hand.
Unfortunately replacing the tabs didn't fix the problem for us as the long Velcro strip on the front had also lost its stick - so we ended up replacing all our Velcro BG with the snap version (wish I'd gone for snaps in the first place to be honest - expensive mistake!).
I don't seem to have had the same problem with the Velcro on my Little Lambs though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now