Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Reusable sanitary pads. Anyone use?

(9 Posts)
Clairejessica123 Fri 07-Nov-14 12:25:15

I thought this would be the best place to ask if anyone uses these? I've been looking into them but there are so many websites. I'm not keen on the idea of a mooncup.

How many would people recommend buying to start with?

Kalinka16 Fri 07-Nov-14 12:28:02

Try www.moontimes.co.uk - it's a small business run by a friend. As well as the info on the site, I'm sure she's happy to reply individually to any questions if you use the "contact" form.

Squtternutbaush Wed 17-Dec-14 11:26:59

I've been using them for about 5 years and wouldn't go back to disposables smile

I have some from moonrabbits, twinkleontheweb and some random WAHM ones and they're all great.

I started out with 4 light/medium flow and 4 medium/heavy and have since added 3 liners and 3 night pads. This combination seems to work for me.

daisychicken Wed 17-Dec-14 12:06:57

Yes, been using reusable pads and mooncup for 12 years (including post birth lochia) and like previously said I wouldn't go back to disposables. I have some lunapads and some other brands as I ordered a mix lot and have liner, light, medium and heavy. Some are a complete pad and some have an outer layer to clip to your pants with liners to insert - the idea is you change the liner rather than the outer layer but I find I have to change the entire pad so I prefer the complete pad.

I've not had to buy any since that first couple of purchases 12 years ago and all are going strong still - a couple I have noticed the poppers are not quite as good (still usable) which I assume is due to washing. I'm hoping I can get through menopause without needing to buy more!!

I wash with general washing - no hot temperatures required. I dry on airer or outside on line. When I change the pad, I rinse in cold water as soon as I can (so if out, just pop used pad in a small waterproof bag and rinse when home) and find that has kept any staining to a minimum.

IAmAPaleontologist Wed 17-Dec-14 12:12:48

Yep I love them. I bought from earthwisegirls I think. I have a mix of brands, som eeco rainbow, imse vimse and charlie banana. I think my faves are charlie banana also imse vimse do good night time pads. A lot of them do starter kits which won't get you through a whole period but gives you a variety of sizes (panty liner, light, heavy, night etc) so you can see what you like and need and then you can buy more of the sizes of pad you want to suit your period.

Twinmum94 Sat 20-Dec-14 15:11:11

I have been using cloth pads for about 3 years. i never liked tampons so i get your mood on cups, they just arent for me.
Check out esty.com they have heaps of different sizes and styles, just type in mama cloth/ menstrual cloth. they are super cute as well haha!

Check out MummyCoull on esty as well ;)

GothMummy Sat 20-Dec-14 15:17:58

Knickapads are excellent and the postpartum pads are brilliant for very heavy flow.

MrsGiraffe12 Mon 23-Feb-15 21:39:08

I recently bought cheeky mama pads from cheeky wipes. Amazingly comfortable and so soft too. And are absorbent enough over night for me and i used to have to change disposable stuff over night (sorry, tmi) x

lunalandings Mon 29-May-17 19:03:10

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now