Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Why are my Bumgenius leaking?!

(7 Posts)
blushingmare Wed 05-Nov-14 22:21:07

6mo DS has been in Bumgenius Freetimes for the last 2 months with no problems. They are on the middle size setting. This week almost every single nappy has leaked within an hour angry I have tried putting them on the biggest setting (even though surely he must have more growth in them), but that hasn't helped. Even put a wrap in over the too today and still had leaks.

What's going on?! DD was in them from age 1 til potty training and hardly ever had leaks.

They either leak down the right leg or out the back, although had one unusual front leak today!

Help! Don't want to have to give up on them, but can't be doing with this!

scissy Wed 05-Nov-14 22:31:42

Have they been strip washed at all?

blushingmare Wed 05-Nov-14 22:34:23

Not since starting using them with him. Do you think that would help?

43percentburnt Wed 05-Nov-14 22:42:24

That's strange bumgenius are normally great. Are his clothes tight? Pressing can cause leakage sometimes. Change the size back to small? Maybe strip wash them first if it doesn't work then maybe it's his 'shape' at present. My ds had a few leaks around 5/6 months with some of our nappies, maybe it's their leg shape!

Squtternutbaush Fri 07-Nov-14 00:15:05

Is he a heavy wetter? My daughter started to out pee free times around 9 months.

blushingmare Fri 07-Nov-14 13:23:43

I don't really know if he's a particularly heavy wetter. Do you need to/can you boost them?

Squtternutbaush Fri 07-Nov-14 13:26:17

We switched systems in the end for different reasons but I did stop them leaking by putting a bamboo/hemp booster under the flaps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now