Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

2 week old leaking through cloth nappies

(10 Posts)
lighteningmcmama Tue 21-Oct-14 23:23:22

hello i'm after some advice, please help! 2 week old dd is leaking through both bimbles and size 1 bamboozle stretchies, and she's only 2 weeks and was only 6.4lb when last weighed!! any advice on what to do? i can't imagine boosting them when they already look so big on her even though they are tiny nappies! i can't deal with any more leaks so we've had to go back to sposies till i can figure out a solution....

jacks365 Tue 21-Oct-14 23:34:29

can I ask what wrap you are using with them please.

lighteningmcmama Wed 22-Oct-14 05:02:35

XS motherease air flow. I bought them after the small size was too big!

jacks365 Wed 22-Oct-14 07:33:08

I found the motherease contained everything very well, Where and how are they leaking, is it going through the fabric or is it leaking out of the leg cuffs.

lighteningmcmama Wed 22-Oct-14 12:21:42

The leaks are either through the back or around the legs if it happens during a feed and she s lying down. It's wee leaks not poo. Her poos are v small (she's EBF so not a worry) and she seems yo wee a lot instead. She can last an hour sometimes 2, the leak is more often if she's had a nap and fallen asleep without a fresh nappy iyswim. Because there is no pattern/routine atm I can't predict when and how long she'll nap for otherwise I could just ensure as I did with my other 2 that she only sleeps on a fresh nappy

lighteningmcmama Wed 22-Oct-14 12:22:42

Thanks for replying and I would love any advice how to solve this!smile

lentilpot Wed 22-Oct-14 23:56:44

Are you getting the wrap tight enough? That's the only thing I can think of! It needs to be pretty tight - which can be hard to achieve on a wincy newborn (congratulations!)

MrsNutsandBolts Sat 25-Oct-14 12:24:31

I use little lambs and a motherease airflow wrap on DD - almost 11 weeks. I find the airflow wraps actually don't need to be tight. They should fit more like a big pair of knickers (so comfortable like knickers instead of tight) and can be a little loose at the leg.

Try getting the nappy into where knickers would sit on the baby.

Also, how many times have you prewashed the nappies and what with?

lighteningmcmama Sun 26-Oct-14 09:11:33

Thanks all for your repliessmile

The nappies are preloved so have been prewashed- though some were preloved new- now I think about it I don't know how many times the seller washed them...

Waist poppers were at tightest but leg ones in middle pooper, so I've tried putting them on tightest too and that seems to be helping

Also I relented on the boosters and tried a small one, it doesn't give her a massively big bum as I feared and is helping too. I did this because a day in sposies showed that actually now nearly 3 weeks in she's as likely to leak in them nowconfused so she may as well be in cloth!

Thanks all for all your help

KnickersOnOnesHead Tue 04-Nov-14 19:23:18

I'd be tempted to try a ME Rikki wrap rather than an airflow. We much preferred double gussets in the early days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now