Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Have I been done? Confused about bamboo

(8 Posts)
Bb14 Thu 03-Apr-14 17:18:59

Hi. I recently bought some bamboo inserts to give them a try. When they arrived the wash label said 85% viscose. I emailed the company assuming they had sent microfiber by mistake but they assure me viscose (or raylon) is bamboo. I'm not convinced. Any advice?

Thanks- I'm new to the confusing world of washables!

GaryTheTankEngine Thu 03-Apr-14 17:24:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Bb14 Thu 03-Apr-14 17:49:23

Thanks. I'll do some further investigating. If anyone has some bamboo inserts at home could you let me know what it says on the wash label? Thanks x

AntoinetteCosway Fri 04-Apr-14 17:08:48

Just checked my little lamb bamboo boosters and they don't seem to have a label on them at all!

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 04-Apr-14 17:14:07

Many plant fibres can be turned into viscose/rayon. I'm afraid I don't know about labeling regulations.

Bb14 Fri 04-Apr-14 18:43:19

Thanks for looking. Spoke to company on the phone they said there is a labelling issue with suppliers in china. They offered me a refund. It seems bamboo is not as environmentally friendly or natural as I'd thought!

comicsansisevil Fri 04-Apr-14 18:46:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SliceOfLime Fri 04-Apr-14 21:50:17

If you look for Oeko-tex certified bamboo then it is produced as sustainably as possible. I'm pretty sure that Little Lamb, Bambooty, Tots Bots and others only use certified bamboo. So much potential for confusion / mis-selling though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now