Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

What nappies to complete starter stash?

(7 Posts)
lentilpot Mon 10-Mar-14 18:03:23

I am due with a baby boy in July. We are borrowing muslins, some bumbles and newborn size wraps for the early days, but I'm trying to get my next stage stash sorted while I'm still earning (and have the time to stalk good deals!).

Here's what I have so far:

10 x Little Lamb OSFA pockets (each with two bamboo inserts)
3 x Bambinex teddies size 1
4 x Bumbles (with poppers) (planning to use these overnight)

I'm still planning to buy 2 Motherease rikki wraps and two Motherease airflow wraps in size medium to go with the teddies/bumbles. I'll also get some nappy nippas to help get the bumbles tight enough.

I'd like to get a few more nappies of different types just to have some variety and in case we don't get on with the above. Any ideas on what would be good to get?

We have limited drying space in winter and don't want to use the tumble dryer too much. We live in a very hard water area. I'm average height but dh is really really tall.

Extra question - as the bamboo inserts in the pockets will probably be slow drying, should I get some extras? I was thinking maybe 6 prefolds, any ideas on size? Or should I just get microfibre inserts?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

lentilpot Mon 10-Mar-14 18:04:23

(We're borrowing bumbles for early days, not bumbles)

lentilpot Mon 10-Mar-14 18:04:55

(Argh! BIMBLES! Stupid autocorrect!)

stargirl1701 Mon 10-Mar-14 21:04:35

I started with a pack from the council. It contained most of the nappies on sale. It was really helpful. We quickly figured out what suited us and what fitted DD. Is there anything like that in your area?

lentilpot Mon 10-Mar-14 21:48:58

Sadly not stargirl, that would be ideal! I'm trying to put my own trial pack of sorts together!

stargirl1701 Mon 10-Mar-14 21:51:43

That's a shame. Have you filled The Nappy Lady's advice form? It's free and her advice is top notch. She even gives you a discount! grin

www.thenappylady.co.uk/submittaq.html

lentilpot Tue 11-Mar-14 08:44:27

Oh yeah, I got the teddies and bumbles on her recommendation. She also suggested blueberry one size deluxes and tots bots bamboozle stretchies. I might get a couple of each with next month's pay grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now