Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Suggestions for pocket nappies I can use with my existing inserts

(6 Posts)
AlohaMama Tue 04-Mar-14 18:51:46

I used fuzzibunz one size with my ds, but now we're on to dd, I'm finding the shells are leaking, mainly at the seams but in other places too. I can't see any delamination, but pouring water on the inside I can see it soaking straight through in patches and at the seams, so I'm thinking they're buggered after 2 years of use (and line drying in tropical sun maybe?). All the inserts are still good and absorbent so want to buy some nappies I can use the inserts with, like a similar kind of pocket to fuzzibunz. What are your favourites/recommended? Any that I could buy the pocket bit alone would be a bonus, though I'll be looking for pre-loved anyway. TIA.

stargirl1701 Tue 04-Mar-14 19:06:11

I have heard you can tumble dry the inserts to reseal them. The heat slightly melts the fabric?

Strong sunlight (tropical latitude) may weaken fabric though. Maybe dry the nappies indoors and the inserts on the line?

I use BumGenius (poppers) and TotsBots. I like them both.

AlohaMama Tue 04-Mar-14 19:16:19

I did try tumble drying them but it didn't seem to help. Thanks for the suggestions, I was considering BG but hadn't heard ot TotsBots...will look them up.

lentilpot Tue 04-Mar-14 20:40:46

If you don't have any joy with second hand, Little Lambs currently have their birth to potty pockets on sale for 10 for £50.

AlohaMama Wed 05-Mar-14 15:17:10

Thanks lentil, great offer. 10 little lambs currently on their way to me!

lentilpot Wed 05-Mar-14 16:25:00

Huzzah, Aloha! Mine arrived yesterday smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now