Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Smelly lambs

(4 Posts)
TheThirdHare Tue 11-Feb-14 11:22:37

... My sons nappies, not the fluffy animals:-) I love my Little Lamb nappies but lately they seem to smell of wee more strongly. There could be a couple of reasons for this (1yo does bigger wees, drinks less fluid so wees more concentrated, etc) but my question is: What can I do about it?

I guess I could change him more often (every 4 hours at the moment, is that normal?) but one if the things I like about my reusables is that you don't have to change them more often than disposables!

I have also wondered whether its because I wash them at 30 degrees but they come out if the machine smelling clean.

Please give me your tips for nice smelling cloth nappies!

glorious Tue 11-Feb-14 11:57:41

I'd suggest a strip wash or leaving out in the rain for a while. Detergent buildup can cause them to smell more. So no detergent, long cycle, repeat if necessary! Also it wouldn't hurt to wash at 60 once in a while (at least my Little Lambs which are microfiber and bamboo can be washed at 60 - probably wouldn't put the wraps in though).

TheThirdHare Tue 11-Feb-14 23:07:53

Thanks I'll give that a try!

HRMumness Tue 11-Feb-14 23:16:13

Is there a chance your washing machine could need a clean too? I know my DDs nappies smelt a bit funny and it turned out I just needed to give my washing machine a good clean / empty cycle 90 wash. I always wash at 60 and change DD every 2-3 hours fwiw but she has had HFM and problems with nappy rash so am extra careful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now