Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cloth solutions for a newborn until bumgenius fit....

(7 Posts)
Misspilly88 Sat 08-Feb-14 15:28:48

Hello,
Just wondered if anyone had any horrifically cheap reusable solutions for newborns. We are planning to stock up on bumgenius and tots bots but obviously not knowing how much baby will weigh, what shall we do before they fit properly? And given that I'll be spending hundreds on the stash, I don't really want to buy all the nice fancy newborn ones just for a couple of weeks worth of wear!
Any suggestions.... Keep language simple as I'm new to the reusable world!

purplemurple1 Sat 08-Feb-14 21:23:43

You can buy old fashioned terrys squares on Amazon - maybe that would be ok for a newborn..

Rockchick1984 Mon 10-Feb-14 13:26:25

Buy preloved newborn size, and resell for the same price afterwards? There's loads of Facebook groups for buying and selling them.

Personally I'm just going to use disposables for the first few weeks until DC is big enough for the birth to potty nappies (have been advised they fit from around 10lb).

SliceOfLime Mon 10-Feb-14 16:53:34

Agree with looking for preloved, if you search preloved cloth nappies on Facebook there are a few buying and selling groups, look for tots bots teenyfits, newborn BumGenius, or other size 1 nappies like a diddy diapers or Little Lambs - the last two need a waterproof wrap over. Another cheap option is to use folded muslins with a waterproof wrap over, or prefolds are also pretty cheap (they are a flat nappy, made of several layers to make them thicker, you just fold into thirds and lie flat inside a waterproof wrap). Depending on how cheap you're looking for, Nature Babies have a quite cheap small pocket nappy - it's either the Little Britain or the Stuffable, can't remember.

Beehatch Mon 10-Feb-14 16:57:31

Muslins, a few bamboo boosters, nappy nippers and motherease wraps. I loved that combination for newborns as it was super cheap, very quick drying and still nice and slim.

Misspilly88 Sun 16-Feb-14 10:40:57

Thanks guys! Anyone have any experience with the waterproof pants (for use with terries) that they sell in supermarkets....should I buy proper wraps or are they similar?

NomDeClavier Fri 28-Feb-14 14:32:20

I used terries, nippas and motherease airflow wraps. The airflows are brilliant and you can get them in XS which fits from pretty small and skinny to around 12lb.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now