Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

when to start potty training

(3 Posts)
Dopolis Thu 06-Feb-14 21:48:44

When should I start potty training my 20month daughter? I know most people do it around 2 but we have a new arrival then so should we do it before or after then?

Rockchick1984 Mon 10-Feb-14 13:32:58

Do it when she is showing the signs of being ready - awareness of when she wees and poos (aware before it happens, not after), verbally able to tell you and understand what you're telling her, and physically capable of doing it and pulling knickers up and down.

We trained DS at 2.7 (some of his friends were earlier, others later) and other than 2 accidents on the first day he's been fine ever since, have friends who have spent 6+ months trying to do it, so definitely worth being child led rather than doing it before they are ready!

Misspilly88 Sun 16-Feb-14 21:43:59

Try not to think about her age too much, look for signs that she is ready as rock chick explained. Too early and you could be changing wet and soiled clothes a lot more than you'd hoped which is more of an inconvenience for you, and not very nice for her either!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now