Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Will fabric conditioner with other loads of clothes affect nappies?

(6 Posts)
Swannykazoo Mon 03-Feb-14 20:54:02

I know not everyone believes in fabric conditioner but I do honestly prefer my clothes to have been washed with it. I know nappies need to be washed without conditioner. Just about to get my tester packs of cloth nappies hoping to junk the disposables soon for my 6 week old. Will there be significant residue problems if I do our main load with FC and nappies without? Will I have to toughen up?

YoureBeingASillyBilly Mon 03-Feb-14 20:56:37

You can put a splash of white vinegar in with your nappies and that will help get rid of any FC residue. Smell doesnt linger either.

Swannykazoo Tue 04-Feb-14 09:42:24

Thanks! Should i just sloosh a bit in the FC drawer?

SliceOfLime Tue 04-Feb-14 16:46:51

If you're washing the nappies separately it should be ok, I use fabric conditioner with clothes and it hasn't occurred to me to think about this! smile It's a good idea to do a cold rinse of the nappies before you do your main wash, it helps stop stains or smells setting. I've never tried putting vinegar in so can't comment on that.

YoureBeingASillyBilly Tue 04-Feb-14 17:25:07

Yep just in the fabric conditioner drawer. White vinegar also has deodorising and bacteria killing properties which is great for nappies.

Swannykazoo Wed 05-Feb-14 10:15:12

Thanks slice and billy better get these nappies pre-washed...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now