Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Nappy rash with cloth

(6 Posts)
MyNameIsAnAnagram Sun 26-Jan-14 11:25:44

I used cloth very successfully with DS1 from about 4m till potty training, with no issues at all. I now have ds2 (8m) and every time I have tried to use them he gets nappy rash. DS1 only got nappy rash if he was teething, but DS2 gets it after 1 day in cloth.

I have tried stripping the nappies in case that was causing it but it's still happening. Is there anything else I can do? does he just have more sensitive skin (he is ginger if that makes a difference ;) ) ?

I would really much rather use cloth, both for the landfill issue and for the cost, but I can't let him carry on with nappy rash - he's screaming every time I change him as it hurts when I clean his bum sad

stargirl1701 Mon 27-Jan-14 18:54:31

Do you use liners? Paper? Fleece? Raw silk liners are recommended for children with nappy rash.

MyNameIsAnAnagram Tue 28-Jan-14 10:46:26

Paper liners. I will try some silk ones thanks.

stargirl1701 Tue 28-Jan-14 22:00:52

I would contact The Nappy Lady first. She is fab at finding answers!

bugsarella Tue 28-Jan-14 22:31:20

I've been having the same problem with my 8 month old. We swapped paper liners for fleece and that (together with cutting out blubes and oranges) has mostly cleared it up, although can't seem to crack it for overnight nappies so using sposies then. I took a look at silk liners and the cool-washing part put me off, together with the price of them shock

perfectstorm Wed 05-Feb-14 04:59:51

What detergent do you use? If bog standard, or with say Napisan, then it could be that. Surcare is the only kind DS can use - he has chronic skin problems. Worth a try, maybe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now