Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Stinky Bedwetter Pants

(5 Posts)
FlameBoo Sat 03-Jun-06 12:30:27

Am I doing something wrong??

I'm using them as I would a normal nappy, but when DD wakes in the morning they really stink. Not just your basic ammonia-y smell when they haven't been rinsed enough, but really strong urine smell.

She doesn't appear to have a wee infection or anything (normal colour etc during the day).

I've tried washing them hotter, with vinegar, and line drying, but they still stink in the morning.

FlameBoo Sat 03-Jun-06 19:28:18

bump

Cappucino Sat 03-Jun-06 20:19:14

they do smell more in the morning; I guess cos they're in them more

as long as they smell fresh enough when they go on I wouldn't worry about it, you're doing all the right things in terms of washing I'd say

JanH Sat 03-Jun-06 20:39:53

If overnight wee is more concentrated than daytime wee that's a good sign, because it means that her urine production is shutting down at night as it should, so she should be ok for night-time training soon

FlameBoo Sun 04-Jun-06 11:13:23

Thankyou. I was trying to think of everything that I must be doing "wrong"

She woke (for other reasons) at about 11pm last night, did a wee while she was awake, and we had only about 1 wee's worth in there this morning

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: