Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Ds asking for no nappy for bed..what to do???

(11 Posts)
Nemo1977 Mon 29-May-06 21:00:05

He is asking to go to bed with no nappy. He has been trained of a day for around 4/5mths. He is 2.7yrs and is always wet of a morning. However I also know that he just pees in the nappy because he has it on as he has done it before now sitting on the couch ready for bed. He has no accidents in the day when in undies so what do I do??? He has just been for a huge wee but I dont know.

sugarfree Mon 29-May-06 21:03:34

Do it! You never know.
Put a potty in the room and go for it,I would.
(and I did with DS1,went up and found him asleep with his nappy on the pillow)

PrettyCandles Mon 29-May-06 21:06:23

Go for it, but explain what he needs to do if he needs a wee at night. Are you willing to be on-call for night-time toilet runs at first? Is there enough light in his room at night for him to see well enough? You might need a nightlight, or to leave his bedroom door ajar with the hall light one.

controlfreaky2 Mon 29-May-06 21:06:50

mmmm let him try. deal is back in night nappy until 3 dry nights if wet bed 3 nights running after you let him try.... afraid would much rather have ds in nappies until embarressingly old than wet beds every morning for months. boys are often much later than girls in this respect... good luck.

tillykins Mon 29-May-06 21:07:22

Go for it, just leave him clear access to a potty or the loo

good luck!

sugarfree Tue 30-May-06 09:19:22

Hoping for good news this morning.
I had a little bit of a struggle with Ds3 almost refusing a bedtime nappy last night,he's only been dry since Saturday morning.

(yeah,I'm not quite so cocky and brave since I last posted on this thread.)

Nemo1977 Tue 30-May-06 09:55:39

Well left him without nappy but he woke up at 11pm asking for it so gave it to him. To be honest dont relish the getting up for toileting at the moment as my 5mth old isnt well so awake every hour and am 8wks pg. So semi lazy in wanting him to stay in the nappies. Also he is also soaked of a morning even his pjs etc so dread to think what would be like without.

jabberwocky Tue 30-May-06 09:59:41

nemo, my ds is the same age and also claims not to want a diaper at night. I just wait until he falls asleep and put one on anyway! He is always fine with it the next day and doesn't even question how it got there.

sugarfree Tue 30-May-06 10:19:21

Good idea Jabberwocky.
Nemo,I think it is entirely reasonable to not want to do it at the moment with everything else you've got on.You are not lazy (semi or otherwise) You have to do what keeps you sane frankly,and if that means night nappies then so be it.

controlfreaky2 Tue 30-May-06 20:42:08

agree. he's still v young to be completely nappy free. ds1 was at 4.0, ds2 had to be forced and bribed to give up night nappies at 6.0!!

kayzed Tue 30-May-06 22:13:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: