Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Is it normal to only have 2/3 wees in 24 hours??

(8 Posts)
dollybird Mon 29-May-06 19:05:42

DD is 2.9 and seriosuly only wees 2 or 3 times in a day - this doesn't seem normal to me, although ds who is 4 is similar, but he is older. Neither of them drink very much - I have started to leave a bottle of water each out so they can drink throughout the day (like they do at nursery), but they hardly touch it. Other than this they may have a little milk and one glass of squash or juice per day. Should I be worried?

WigWamBam Mon 29-May-06 19:13:39

If they're only drinking one glass of fluid a day then it's no wonder they're not weeing much. Not drinking can leave them dehydrated and won't do their kidneys any good at all - they really should be drinking far more than one glass of juice a day.

dollybird Mon 29-May-06 19:15:30

How do you make a toddler drink more though - it's always on offer. I forgot, they also both take a cup of water to bed and usually drink half of it before they get in bed!

Hayls Mon 29-May-06 19:18:04

My dd is 2.4 and doesn't really drin kmuch more than this. She'll have some water with her breakfast then sip it throughout the day and will usually have a carton of juice in the afternoon and some milk before bed. I have tried to get her to drink more but she doesn't want to. I@m trying to potty train her atm and she seems to go 3 or 4 times a day.

WigWamBam Mon 29-May-06 19:20:31

Always having fluid on offer doesn't mean they're going to drink it - they don't realise the importance of hydration and get too engrossed in what they're doing to think about drinking! Do you remind them to drink? Or maybe you could have set times during the day when you present them with a glass of juice or water?

Twiglett Mon 29-May-06 19:23:27

don't think there's anything wrong with that

assume he's potty trained .. they learn to store it up

how often do you wee a day?

threebob Mon 29-May-06 19:42:15

Ds had 3 wees yesterday and will have a small one in his pull up when he wakes in the morning. This doesn't vary much even when his fluid intake goes up.

JiminyCricket Mon 29-May-06 20:07:55

my dd 2.9 drinks tons sometimes but has a bladder of steel (some days she doesn't go until 3 in the afternoon) But i think she saves some of it up for overnight in her pull up pants. I always used to give her water, but now she doesn't drink much of it but will drink gallons of diluted fruit juice. I though the dentist would be horrified, but he said it shouldn't do any damage as long as it was drunk in short bursts - say at meal/snack times - rather than sipped through the day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: