Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Pants dilemma - cannot allow ds1 to walk around naked all the time!

(11 Posts)
colditz Mon 29-May-06 14:28:39

But as soon as he has pants on, he forgets he has to use the potty or tell me he needs to go. If he is naked on the bottom, he very rarely has an accident, but with pants it doesn't matter how much I remind him, he can't do it.

I dish out rewards for wee and poo in the potty, so he does want to do it, and always does without the pants.

How can I get him to stop pooing and wetting the pants?

skerriesmum Mon 29-May-06 14:38:58

How old is he? My ds went through the same thing for awhile when potty training, but it does pass. Just make sure when you put clothes on him that they're easy to pull up and down (no jeans, just trackies or loose elastic waist.)

skerriesmum Mon 29-May-06 14:39:41

Anyway you're at home with a small baby, right? So it's OK for him to be naked!

schneebly Mon 29-May-06 14:42:13

I have same issue just now colditz! He is okay with pants mostly but cant put trousers on or he forgets!

colditz Mon 29-May-06 14:52:13

he is 3 years 2 months. I really want to get him trained this summer, or it will be next summer, which is the summer before he starts school!

as long as it passes, I am happy. We are only on day 3 anyway so he is doing really well.

Twiglett Mon 29-May-06 14:53:40

you're only on day 3? he's doing fabulously

.. don't worry about the pants he'll get used to it .. just give it a couple of weeks

schneebly Mon 29-May-06 14:56:52

I need to get ds trained by august or nursery wont take him! He is 2.9 and we have been trying on and off but need to make a proper effort now!

MarsLady Mon 29-May-06 15:37:03

Well I've joined cod's boot camp. Lots of pee this end, but it's only day 1.

Kaz33 Mon 29-May-06 16:22:16

We started about 3 weeks ago, at first couldn't handle getting his pants down.

But now, clever boy, can pull his pants and trousers down and ask to go to the toilet.

He will be fine.

sugarfree Mon 29-May-06 16:37:36

I started ds3 (2.7) last Tuesday and pants have been off and on.Mostly off and then back on for quick trips out.
We have now been accident free since getting up on Saturday,despite an upset tummy today,and today is the first day,I've really kept pants on him.Couple of days of just pants,then we'll progress to pants and shorts.

Schneebly,try and relax a bit,it's ages til August and the odd accident is hardly going to be the end of the world.They still have accidents in Years 1 and 2 sometimes.
He'll do it,honest!

(Get dry,I mean,not have accidents in Year 1 and2!)

peaches27 Mon 29-May-06 19:27:26

We went through this and added clothes very gradually starting at first with quite loose pants or boxer shorts. We only added shorts or trousers when he was competent with the pants.

Of course we did the usual sticker chart and smarties to reinforce.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: