Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Advice on Sugarpeas and Disana wool wrap; also tot bots fleece

(10 Posts)
peaches27 Sun 28-May-06 17:41:47

A lovely lady gave me a load of nappies and a load of wraps. The PUL ones I use already. I need help with the care and use of the following please:

Sugarpeas poppered wool wrap, Disana pull up Wool wrap (knitted type), Tot bots rainbow coloured fleece wrap.

Could you tell me how to wash them and care for them? I understand lanolin is involved with the wool. Is there any way of making the wool wraps look a bit brighter and less dingy looking? I take it that the fleece is just washed normally, but at what temp? Will it go in with the nappies at 60 or should I put it on at 40?

Also how waterproof are these wraps? I understand you use them overnight and they somehow evaporate moisture. But wont this make her clothes and bedding wet? What about if you use a grobag?

Thanks again!!!

peaches27 Mon 29-May-06 19:30:49

Can anyone offer any advice with this wool? I dont know if to use them as they look a bit manky to be honest, not stained, just grey looking.

BonyM Mon 29-May-06 19:33:44

Hi peaches. I have a Woollywraps wool wrap (not in the least dingy!. Needs to be handwashed (I use olive soap) and then lanolised. This involves soaking in water with lanolin solution overnight.

We also use grobags at night - we have never had any wetness seep through. Wool is naturally waterproof and becuase it is breathable is much nicer at night - will keep your little one cooler.

I wouldn't use anything else at night tbh.

BonyM Mon 29-May-06 19:35:06

Oh - haven't used fleece wraps but wash fleece liners at 60 and they're fine.

My olive soap and lanolin I bought from a nappy site - Kittykins I think.

BonyM Mon 29-May-06 19:36:41

Oh - should have also said that wool is really easy to look after as you only need to wash if it starts to smell (which it usually doesn't after an airing all day) or if it becomes soiled.

FlameBoo Mon 29-May-06 22:59:08

If you look up woollywraps on yahoo, she has all care advice on there that is great. They are gorgeous wraps. I got my lanolin wash stuff from kittykins too - just desperately waiting for the wrap now!!!

Dingyness.... I've got it in my head that dylon do wool dye, but I'm not sure.

Fleece - yup, just wash normally at either temp. Do up the velcro and turn it inside out to keep it looking fresh (don't know if you normally use velcro wraps, so thought I'd add that in).

If you end up with soggy bedding/clothes then you just need a bit more boostering - I'm still fiddling to get the boostering right (only just now trying out fleece)... I have started out with oodles more boostering than I need, and am gradually working down until I can get just the right amount. I have been told to bear in mind that you will need more/less at front/back depending on what side they lay on.

though - I wanna be given wraps

peaches27 Tue 30-May-06 22:49:56

I bought some Pure Household Soap from Boots to wash the wool wraps with and they look much nicer now and the smell of the household soap on the wool was divine. It reminded me of my childhood and washdays! Keep having a little sniff ... Its not perfumed, it just sort of smells nice!

misdee Tue 30-May-06 22:57:19

i love wool longies for dd3. she looks so snuggly and cool at night in her t-shirts/vests and a pair of longies.

i want to get some shorties for summer nights tho.

FlameBoo Wed 31-May-06 09:09:09

I can't bring myself to put him in longies... very much aware that he might be my last baby, and I want to keep him babyfied in sleepsuits for as long as possible - they look sooooo grown up in seperates.

(Yes, I know I'm odd )

maisiemog Wed 31-May-06 22:47:11

You could always dye the wool. I just got some KoolAid sent to me from America and you can use that to dye woolly wraps. I had a striped wrap with pink and formerly white (but now grey) stripes, so I used the lime KoolAid to dye it and the white stripes went bright green, like a frog. It's lovely now.
I haven't used it yet, but I'm going to watch it to make sure none of the colour comes off - hopefully it will be OK.
I could send you a couple of sachets if you want to try it?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: