Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Recommendations for cloth nappies for tiny baby

(9 Posts)
earthtomummy Sun 28-May-06 15:16:51

My friend's baby is not quite 5lbs. They want to use cloth. I use Motherease Allin ones, but has anyone used cloth with such a teeny tot. I thought Sandys might be good?

SenoraPostrophe Sun 28-May-06 15:21:16

5lbs! that's tiny!

tbh I would just tell her to use muslins and wraps (or thin terry squares, like the cheapo mothercare ones) for now, and to buy in shaped nappies in a few weeks.

popsycal Sun 28-May-06 16:19:46

my friend used cloth from day - though her dd was a whopping 9lbs...
she used muslins first then moved onto sandys

popsycal Sun 28-May-06 16:19:58

from day one

Lmccrean Sun 28-May-06 16:53:37

I agree with SP - def muslins first. And they can be used in other ways when they get the other nappies in bigger sizes. Some wahms do preemie baby ones..try /link{http://www.wahmall.co.uk\this} think i saw wee notions had some and minki (more expensive but soooooo cute and easy to use)

Lmccrean Sun 28-May-06 16:54:05

damn it...link didnt work...but you get the gist

NannyL Mon 29-May-06 17:45:38

kissaluvs size 0 are GREAT for little babys... and they have a popper thing that folds down so as not to 'get' or irritate the umbilical chord

TBH as they are tiny for such a short amount of time i would use muslin squares / small terry nappies on a tiny baby!

fruitful Mon 29-May-06 22:27:15

I used kissaluv size 0s on both mine (they were 5lb9 and 4lb6 respectively). They outgrew them at 3-4 months (about 10lbs). Actually, they still fitted, but they were out-weeing them by that age!

Teeny nappies

Totsbots Red Wrap comes in a tiny size so you just put a muslin or a booster in it.

Newborn nappies

earthtomummy Tue 30-May-06 16:26:38

Thanks everyone. I think that muslins sound good to start off with - lots cheaper, then whatever she fancies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: