Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

cloth nappies for nursery

(20 Posts)
silverfrog Fri 26-May-06 19:30:49

I have been using MEOS for my dd (21 months) very happily and successfully, along with popper-ed wraps. She has just started at nursery for 2 mornings a week, and they seem to be struggling a bit. They are happy to use cloth, but dd is a bit of a wriggler, and they never manage to keep the nappy totally covered by the wrap, so are getting lots of leaks. Can anyone recommend an all-in-one or stuffable nappy for me to send with dd instead? Have no idea which might be good...

shrimpy169 Fri 26-May-06 19:54:12

also use meos. my nursery generally doesnt have a problem...have used nature babies stuffable nappy it's quite good, tried a few AIO's but never really got on with them (motherease AIO or another one i think it was called the pro-rap or something).

LeahE Fri 26-May-06 20:01:25

We use a range of stuffables for ds at nursery -- mostly Fuzzi Bunz but also Nature Babies, Wonderoos, Supa Dupas, Bear Behinds and Banana Babies. They all work fine -- we stuff either with three of Tesco Value range microfibre cloths, a hemp insert, a pad-folded terry or some of the inserts that came with the Supa Dupas.

SoupDragon Sat 27-May-06 09:23:54

BumGenius converted me from disposables recently. I tried one, was impressed with their simplicity and quick drying and bought 15 of them from NappyMania a week later.

cod Sat 27-May-06 09:24:08

Message withdrawn

FlameBoo Sat 27-May-06 13:58:11

I agree with Soupy - I've had a couple of problems with my BG, but that is due to size troubles, with a 21 month old they would be perfect. Just put em together before sending them in, and they are just cloth disposables (even with stretchy sides ala active fit).

MrsDoolittle Wed 31-May-06 20:42:12

I don't understand your size troubles Flame?

FlameBoo Thu 01-Jun-06 14:03:10

I can't seem to get it to work properly when I fold it down. Its pure user error.

I'm actually getting to the stage of selling it to one of you guys - it seems to be incompatible with me, but I can't for the life of me work out why!

JessaJam Thu 01-Jun-06 14:18:33

silverfrog..I've had all sorts of fun with ds's nursery and cloth nappies...bless 'em, they sai dthey were fine to use cloth and said they didn't need me to give them a run through on how to use them, so great!
DS has come home in a tots bots minus a wrap a couple of times! He's also come home with a damp ring around his waist where the wrap doesn't cover the whole nappy!
PLus sometimes I run out of cloth nappies ( due to a somewhat ad hoc washing regime!) and have to put a disposable in his bag too...and they always choose to use the disposable over the cloth one! Even when I hide the disposable right at the very bottom of the bag!!!
Was thinking along lines of an AIO solution too!!

MrsDoolittle Thu 01-Jun-06 14:56:08

Flame. Why are you folding it down? Have you put it into the newborn position?

Try popping it together as you would and when you have done that put your fingers in behind the poppers. If the material of the nappy is 'up' behind the poppers, it will gape out IYSWIM. So, put your fingers in behind the poppers and push the material 'down' so that the poppers are above the fold.
I think I see what your problem is. I made this mistake in the beginning.

FlameBoo Thu 01-Jun-06 15:03:03

Yup. he's still in the smallest size. I seem to spend ages fiddling with the insidey bit of material to get it in the right place. I think I'm too used to 2 piece ones

MrsDoolittle Thu 01-Jun-06 20:08:41

I feel I want to show you, it's so annoying.
These nappies are so great, really they are it would be shame if you have to sell it.

FlameBoo Fri 02-Jun-06 08:45:04

I put it all together last night, and it actually looks right so I'll try again this afternoon.

MrsDoolittle Fri 02-Jun-06 15:19:42

So tell us Flame!

PsychoFlame Fri 02-Jun-06 15:30:40

He's in it now. It looked right when I put it on, so am optimistic

Bitter though - still waiting for the inside of my wonderoo to turn up

SoupDragon Fri 02-Jun-06 16:04:56

Has it leaked yet...?

PsychoFlame Fri 02-Jun-06 17:36:37

Nope - several hours and still ok.

SoupDragon Fri 02-Jun-06 20:00:12

Yay!

Although I kind of hope he's not still in it...

MrsDoolittle Fri 02-Jun-06 20:13:28

Sorted!

FlameBoo Fri 02-Jun-06 20:18:18

Took it off him at 7.30 and it was fine. This is a non-pooing child who isn't weeing all that much lately either

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: