Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

cloth nappies at night - help!

(58 Posts)
fruitful Fri 26-May-06 14:33:00

Ds is 15 months; he wears tots / bamboozles and ME popper wraps in the day. At night he wears a Tescos disposable, because the cot kept getting wet and we were too tired to find a solution. Feel ready to tackle it now though. What are the best night-nappies? Other than sticking 3 boosters in the tots?

Yorkiegirl Fri 26-May-06 14:34:24

Message withdrawn

BonyM Fri 26-May-06 14:36:41

We use bamboozles at night (dd2 is 14mths) with a Woolywraps wool wrap and haven't had any leaks yet. I did start off boosting the bamboozle with a microfibre cloth, but soon realised that she wasn't soaking in the morning so have stopped boosting and the bamboozles are coping fine. I put a fleece liner in as well.

I did buy a Huggle when I first decided to use cloth at night (like you, I was using cloth by day but disposables at night) but then someone told me that they used bamboozles and since I've tried them the Huggle has remained unused - it's very bulky and I couldn't do vests up over it.

fruitful Fri 26-May-06 14:43:31

Sorry, should have said. Ds is obviously a champion wetter. We've given up using stuffie nappies in the day as they leak pretty quickly.

Never had this problem with dd - one unboosted tots lasted all night and would probably have kept going till lunchtime if I'd left it!

What's a Huggle? Bulk doesn't bother me - he wears a pyjama top and a grobag.

FlameBoo Fri 26-May-06 14:48:54

DS and DD both have used boostered fluffles for night - not been brave enough to try the unboostered bamboozle yet as I'm only just building up faith in the fleece wrap.

BonyM Fri 26-May-06 14:50:56

Huggle is very soft, terry outside, fleece inside, plus a pocket for boosting.

here

If you think it might be any good, I can send you mine to try. If it does the trick I'll sell it to you cheap . If not, just send it back.

fruitful Fri 26-May-06 14:58:34

BonyM, that's very kind. What size and colour is it? I don't think I could persuade dh to put a pink nappy on ds!

Are wool wraps a pain to look after?

I've been wondering about fleece wraps as they seem like less effort. The thought of putting him down to sleep in something that isn't actually waterproof worries me, but obviously they do work?

Yorkiegirl Fri 26-May-06 15:24:06

Message withdrawn

Jessajam Fri 26-May-06 15:59:05

This is spooky because I was about to post the same sort of question!!!
Am watching with interest. Are Bamboozles and fluffles more absorbant than normal tots bots then??

expatinscotland Fri 26-May-06 16:02:58

I use boostered Bamboozle w/fleece wrap at night to good effect. BUT my baby is only nearly 6 months old.

FlameBoo Fri 26-May-06 16:07:32

I'm getting soooo impatient waiting for my woolywrap! They seem much easier than normal wraps because they don't need washing as often.

Tatties Fri 26-May-06 16:13:17

I LOVE this Happy Hempy for my heavy-wetting ds at night. I stuff it with a folded terry square, and it is my only night nappy which has never leaked!

BonyM Fri 26-May-06 16:31:40

fruitful - the Huggle is a sort of sage green so would be fine on a boy (it was the only colour they had when I ordered). I think it's a large.

My Woolywrap is really easy - only needs washing if soiled or smelly, and then soaking in lanolin solution to keep it waterproof.

fruitful Fri 26-May-06 18:58:52

Yorkiegirl - I've tried Fuzzis and NatureBabies stuffables. I don't like hemp nappies much - we had some BumHuggers that went really hard and stiff, and started to get holes in by the time they got onto the second baby.

I don't think dh will cope with the concept of a wrap that doesn't get washed every couple of uses so thats wool wraps out.

So, I could try -

- a boosted bamboozle in a ME wrap (have all these)
- get a fleece wrap (I like the Tots polka dot one!)
- Happy Hempy with some microfibre in (and the fleece wrap over?)
- Huggle (what wrap over this?)

BonyM Fri 26-May-06 19:09:50

You can wash a wool wrap every couple of days if you like (I think - don't see why not), it's just not essential.

Tatties Sat 27-May-06 09:21:54

Fruitful, the Happy Hempy is great, it has stayed soft, unlike my other hemp nappies. I use an airflow wrap with it but you could use whatever you like.

mummyhill Sat 27-May-06 10:21:24

link to minki home page with detalis on wraps etc here

vkone Sat 27-May-06 12:51:33

We use bamboozles too and I've got one Harmony hemp which is lovely (sim. design to a bumble but completely natural), I tried a bumhugger briefly and thought it was rubbish and so gave up on hemp til I tried the harmony, just wish I could afford more of them.

We use wool too, it's so much nicer than fleece cos it doesn't smell as bad in the morning and after an airing during the day, it smells of whatever I've washed it in (something with lavendar), my favourite is Popolini's wool popper wrap as it's easy to get on (same design as the airflow).

FlameBoo Sat 27-May-06 13:37:56

Forgot to booster DS's bamboozle last night... its cleared up my whole "do I need to booster it?" query.... soggy crib!

SoupDragon Sat 27-May-06 14:11:07

This reinforces my decision to continue with disposables at night

FlameBoo Sat 27-May-06 14:30:29

Disposables leak on me anyway (well, not me, I tend to manage not to need them in the night now) - I have a stupid J-Lo shaped bum and have passed it onto both children, and it means that disposables gape at the back.

PinkTulips Sat 27-May-06 15:02:36

my dd is 16 months and in the largest size of bambino mio prefolds which just about last the night, mostly. she's a heavy wetter and even disposables can't cope with her, they burst halfway through the night. try limiting drinks in the few hours before bed if possible as it really does make a big differance.

fruitful Sat 27-May-06 17:41:55

OK, tonight's the night. Boosted bamboozle.

BonyM, I would like to try the Huggle please - I've sent you a CAT.

I'm now dithering about trying a wool wrap.

BonyM Sat 27-May-06 22:40:20

No problem fruitful - not got your CAT yet, but once I have it will post the Huggle off to you. It is lovely actually - really soft, I found it in the drawer tonight and couldn't resist giving it a stroke .

I love my Woollywrap - it just pulls on like a pair of pants so really easy, and as vkone says, doesn't retain any smells. Hmm. really must go and order another one...

How did the bumgenius perform today Soupy?

SoupDragon Sun 28-May-06 09:08:42

Well, they performed fine for me, BonyM, and then got miraculously swapped for a disposable when DH changed BabyDragon becuase "he didn't know what to do with them". <<rolls eyes>>

AM going to my parents for a few days so will be back in disposables - don't feel I can inflict the laundry on them

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: