Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Cloth Nappy Training for the Insane/My DH!

(13 Posts)
FlameBoo Thu 25-May-06 14:27:12

This is how last night went....

F - "Please can you grab me a bamboozle?"
DH - Whats one of those then?
F - (shows him the wet one) Like this
DH - You've got one
F - Thats a fluffle
DH - What's that one then?
F - A Kissaluv, the bamboozles are upstairs. Like his blue tots bots but creamy.
DH - Whats a tots bots?

<BIG Sigh>

F - Right.... Tots Bots is like Sony. The blue ones are a Playstation - older, more classic, but still dependable. The fluffle is a PS2 and the bamboozle a PSP - both more modern, both have different pros and cons, but good machines nonetheless. A wrap is an add on like a controller - you can get lots of different makes, but they don't work without one.

DH - OH!!! So is a kissaluv microsoft or just an xbox?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He'll still have no idea which is which, but he does at least seem to grasp the context now!!!!!!

FlameBoo Thu 25-May-06 14:29:08

Context?!?!?! concept!

FlameBoo Thu 25-May-06 14:29:35

Context?!?!?! concept!

expatinscotland Thu 25-May-06 14:29:55

DD knows his cloth nappies! He's a champ w/'em. The Bamboozle is thinner than the Tots Bots. And the Kissy's got poppers.

Train 'im up, Flame!

FlameBoo Thu 25-May-06 14:34:34

This man is an artist, I kind of thought he could tell the difference between nappies with colours, textures etc. Its worrying really.... I think it shows how much I take charge - if he's being left alone with DS I tend to have a stack on the side ready for him.

<Must learn to let go>

FlameBoo Thu 25-May-06 14:35:43

Oh, we also had in the middle of that "What do you mean, they're made of bamboo????"

Rachelsdairy Thu 25-May-06 22:36:53

Yes but does he put another fleece liner on top of a nappy (huggle/fluffle) that clearly already has one in it!!! thus invalidating the whole point!

liath Thu 25-May-06 22:40:26

DH is flummoxed by tots due to whole nappy nippa thing!! He can manage MEOs, though and is really into the idea of cloth nappies now, he hasn't even baulked at the prospect of taking them on holiday next month bless him!

FlameBoo Fri 26-May-06 08:57:12

I tend to stick a disposable liner on fluffles anyway to make poo life easier .

Had nippas from the beginning, so DH had to learn (I guess that would be like always playing with a weird controller???) - he is more confused by poppers because he can't seem to gauge tightness.

expatinscotland Fri 26-May-06 09:17:51

went for aplix. there's only so mcuh training you can do.

Bagpuss30 Fri 26-May-06 09:46:56

LOL, FlameBoo. My dh won't even try - his motto "why have a dog and bark yourself" .

FlameBoo Fri 26-May-06 09:50:05

UniSarah Fri 26-May-06 19:43:12

Just to make you jelous- We are useing Bumbles because DH saw them on line and liked the idea of them being Uk made and flease lined! He does think I'm a little odd in being so keen on trying differnt makes.But as we only OWN 4 models hes coping.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: