Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

wees on floor when naked, should I get potty out?

(5 Posts)
Loochyloo Tue 23-May-06 21:03:40

My ds is 20 months and after having a bath, he runs around naked for a bit. Recently he's let slip the odd wee and to be honest I clean up and am not too bothered (I have tile floors!) But thought struck me that if I "let" him pee on the floor he may get confused about using potties. To be honest he shows no sign of being ready to potty train tho he does say pee pee when he wees on the floor.Hope thought of him weeing on floor isn't too gross...it is only a little bit (honest!)
Should I be chasing him round with potty?

hulababy Tue 23-May-06 21:05:11

You could do. Just have it out, tell him about it and leave it in bathroom for him to have a go with it. You never know - he might suprise you with a wee in the potty, then you can go OTT on the praise and well dones.

LIZS Tue 23-May-06 21:09:30

You could try seating him on one at bathtime but tbh he may well just not have bladder control yet. At that age dd well understood where she should pee but couldn't make the leap to anticipating it enough and consciously letting go when seated.

cornflakegirl Tue 23-May-06 21:58:45

definitely try it. my ds is nearly one, and we've been sticking him on the potty at bathtime since he was 8 months. he got the hang of weeing in it really quickly - we've actually started putting him on it for a few minutes at every nappy change now, and sometimes his nappy will be dry a couple of hours after the last change.

we sometimes let him have a run about for a bit after he's used the potty (well, he escapes really!) - even though we don't have tile floors, it seems to be fine because he's only just wee'd - not had an accident yet, anyway

i don't know whether he's aware of what he's doing, or whether it's just conditioning - but you might find it gets your son used to potties, and saves you cleaning the floor!

Loochyloo Wed 24-May-06 20:00:56

Thanks for advice. I sat him on potty tonight after bath and told him that's where pee pee goes. He shook his head...
oh well small steps!
Thanks again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: