Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Losing the night-time nappy - go for it???

(13 Posts)
dollybird Mon 22-May-06 23:00:09

DD is 2.9 (almost) and has a dry nappy most mornings, ie for a week in a row, then will have a wet night. When we were away the weekend before last the nappy was wet all three mornings, although she was in a dispoable - normally has cloth. She really wants to wear pants at night. I let her one night over a month ago and at 6.30 she was still dry - I let her sleep for another 15mins, by which time she had wet the bed and was still fast asleep. Should I just go for it??

Mercy Mon 22-May-06 23:27:24

dollybird, I waited until dd was dry the majority of the time over night for at least 4 months before I removed the night time nappy.

2.9 is still fairly young to be totally dry at night tbh. I'd give it a few more weeks at least.

HTH

earlgrey Tue 23-May-06 06:41:37

Message withdrawn

carol3 Tue 23-May-06 07:18:35

I'd give it a go dd2 was determined to give up night-time nappy at the same time as the day time one, when she was only 21months. Had one wet bed since, she's 2.6 now, kept a potty next to her bed for the first few weeks which she used a few times.

Pollyanna Tue 23-May-06 08:03:18

I'd try it too, my dd was dry in the day and the night at just past 2 and never had any accidents.

morningpaper Tue 23-May-06 08:14:34

I'd go for it and see how it goes. Mine was dry in the night by this age. If she does have accidents, you could always trying sticking her on the potty when you go to bed.

Gloworm Tue 23-May-06 08:26:43

we kept ds in night nappies for quite a few weeks after he was dry, just in case of accidents. there never were any, but as we had a small baby as well, we were too tired to want to risk it.
we stopped using the night time one when he asked. then we put a baby changing mat under his sheet, again just in case, and again never had any accidents.

dollybird Thu 25-May-06 21:28:42

Thanks for all your replies everyone.Well, dd has gone to bed with no nappy on tonight as she is dry probably nine out of ten nights plus I get fed up of washing dry nappies as they take so long to dry afterwards. Fingers crossed!

morningpaper Thu 25-May-06 21:29:49

good luck!

dollybird Sat 27-May-06 11:41:02

Well, we've had two dry nights so far think we will continue. Thanks all.

morningpaper Sat 27-May-06 19:45:38

Hurray! Long may it continue.

nicnack2 Sat 27-May-06 19:49:30

i have two ds. one is 3 in july - do boys take longer to do overnight. we have forgotten to put a pull up on him but he is wet a few hours after he ahs gone to bed. He was a dream to toilet train.

azroc Sat 27-May-06 19:55:30

Let her sleep bare bum - pants are too much like a nappy for the sleeping brain/bladder. Put a towel or two under the sheet and go for it!! Or if the pants are really important to her, leave them on and trust her (but put the towels under anyway!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: