Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

madness to start cloth now?

(4 Posts)
eggybrokenoff Wed 08-May-13 09:54:50

wondering whether to start ds 2 in cloth nappies. used with ds 1 until he was nearly 2 and loved them. have my whole stash of bumgenius v3 in loft. didnt use beyond a few weeks with ds2 for various reasons mainly unexpected relocation and living in crummy flat with no drying facilities for months. we now have house, garden, radiators and with the nice weather i am thinking we should have nappies flapping on the line. but ds2 is 17 months. will i figure out enough absorbancy? will he cope with change etc? or should i stick with disposables now?

InvaderZim Wed 08-May-13 09:58:19

I say yes! It can help with potty training, for a start...

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Wed 08-May-13 11:16:00

Why not, if you already have the nappies? Give it a go, if its not working, go back to sposies! For absorbency, hemp boosters from Easy Peasy Nappies have been fab for us. Having the nappies drying on the line always puts me in a good mood smile

rrreow Thu 09-May-13 17:57:56

I'd say give it a go! We started when DS was 11mo. You will probably need to boost. I find a microfibre nappy lasts about 2 hours - but with a booster lasts up to 4 hours on my 2yo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now