Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Do fluffles smell worse?

(7 Posts)
cornflakegirl Fri 19-May-06 13:52:12

My 11mo ds is in fluffles, and I read somewhere that they retain the odour in urine more than other nappies. He's been in fluffles since he weaned, so I can't really compare. But I know that if he's had broccoli or leeks or curry, he can smell quite strong when he's done a wee.

Is there anyone who uses a mixture of nappies who's noticed fluffles smelling more - or not smelling more?

vkone Fri 19-May-06 18:10:35

I sold mine cos they smelt awful after an hour on (sort of fishy), I'd not had anything like this with cotton or bamboo nappies and I think it was one particular one that was ait funny

cornflakegirl Sat 20-May-06 16:14:39

ooh, not had that! sounds grim!

anyone else got any experiences

helenainsworth Tue 30-May-06 20:53:51

Must admit I had noticed more of a smell recently and we have been using the 1 fluffle we bought as a bit of a trial. WE normally use Sandys and hadnt considered it might be the nappy smelling more!

peaches27 Tue 30-May-06 22:51:28

What are they made of? Cotton? Bamboo? Hemp? Just interested!

misdee Tue 30-May-06 22:53:33

peaches, microfibre.

dd3 doesnt really get on with hers, i try not to use it at night as she does get sre wearing it for long periods. and it feels awful.

FlameBoo Wed 31-May-06 17:16:52

I have to make sure that the fluffles have a blast in a hot wash more often than the others, and try to line dry as much as possible.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: