Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

whats the best changing bag

(8 Posts)
nellie01 Thu 18-May-06 14:07:46

hi, just preparing for ds, due aug. I have been looking at various changing bags and would like to know about people's opinions about what works best. Things like size, changing mat, portability etc.

thanks
nellie

Carameli Fri 19-May-06 12:52:13

to be honest I never used one of the proper changing ags as I could not find one I really liked. So in the end I got nice back pack that I really liked and its been fab. Although I use disposables so if you are going to use reusables there might be advantages in have real changing bag.

shazronnie Sun 21-May-06 20:35:17

agree with carameli - why are people conned into changing bags? Any bag will do!

SquarewaysHereWeCome Sun 21-May-06 20:48:46

Bet you didn't expect this Nellie! Yup - buy a bag, any bag that you actually like that perhaps fits over the handles of a pushchair or sits comfortably wherever you carry bags, or even better, both. Buy a plastic foldable changing mat and bobs your uncle. My changing bag is one of those satchel type office bags that you can fit a lever arch file into. Ideal size for everything and the kitchen sink.
Or, spend £40 (or whatever they are) on a Baby Bjorn bag that you will be able to do nothing with other than fit a nappy and wipes and perhaps a vest.

hermykne Sun 21-May-06 20:51:36

well if you are going to have one OiOi, they are funky, and the comaprtemtns in side and on the outside are really thought out and practical plus they come with a little mat.

hermykne Sun 21-May-06 20:51:47

well if you are going to have one OiOi, they are funky, and the comaprtemtns in side and on the outside are really thought out and practical plus they come with a little mat.

Ponka Tue 23-May-06 23:44:30

I've got the Avent one. If you are looking to get a Nappy bag I'd recommend it but I haven't really seen many of the others to compare it to.

I like it because......

It's got lots of different compartments, including one at the bottom with a changing mat in so that all the nappy stuff is kept seperately.

It has a compartment that can fit a couple of bottles in (if bottlefeeding) or food in. It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. I can take snacks like cheese etc. for DS that would normally be kept in the fridge and not worry about them going off on a hot summers day.

It's black and plain looking so DH doesn't object to carrying it for me!

It is a ruck sack and so doesn't slip off or put me off balance like a bag you put on one shoulder would.

It came with a set of small Avent baby bottles which I used in hospital/on holidays.

However, it sometimes is a bit small for everything I want to put in it and when stuffed to the brim, the little magnetic popper tends to pop undone.

girlchick Wed 24-May-06 10:17:17

I've found that if you're using bottles, the changing bags are good for keeping the water warm for a couple of hours (before adding the powder). Useful when you're on the move. I had to get a boring plain black messenger bag though so DH wouldn't be embarrassed about carrying it, because if left to me, I would have got a lovely bright pink one! Mine's a caboodle bag and has only been useful really since DS has started on bottles, and now I pack toys, snacks and his meal(s) in there too, before then I just used any (pink!) bag to carry a nappy, wipes, mobile, wallet & keys!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: