Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

constipation in a 19 week old

(6 Posts)
Jaysfirst Wed 17-May-06 12:46:40

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but my DD seems to be constipated, i just want the best advice as top how to ease this?

If i need to post elsewhere please let me know!

Yummymum1 Wed 17-May-06 20:31:29

Hi jaysfirst!What do you mean by constipated?What are the symptoms?

Jaysfirst Thu 18-May-06 07:08:49

Well for two days now she has had really hard stools and each time she as passed them she has cried, in what i can only imagine to be pain. They havent been very big and have looked very dry. I started her on Formula about three weeks ago, ( shes both bf and ff at the mo)and have been very careful about measuring the right quantities maybe its just a delayed reaction to the change in her diet. But i dont want it to get any worse so wondered what i had to do ?

NotQuiteCockney Thu 18-May-06 07:18:47

I suspect it is the formula. You might get more help on the breast + bottle feeding area?

Jaysfirst Thu 18-May-06 13:04:20

will give it a go there, ta!

Xavielli Sat 20-May-06 00:31:37

If she is being bottle fed also it does help to give them a bottle of water to slurp at.... especially with all the colds going around and the change in temperature that comes with them, takes alot of the moisture out of their bodies!

also... squeezing a bit of orange(straight from the orange mind you) into some water can loosen things up a little

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: