Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

whats the best changing bag

(13 Posts)
nellie01 Tue 16-May-06 14:03:45

hi, just preparing for ds, due aug. I have been looking at various changing bags and would like to know about people's opinions about what works best. Things like size, changing mat, portability etc.

thanks
nellie

LIZS Tue 16-May-06 14:10:02

Had one for ds (a fabric Caboodle bag), and barely used it for dd. A large nice regular bag, with pockets to take purse keys etc , and into which you can put all the bits and pieces like a fold up mat, wipes , spare nappies, is much more convenient (had a black Samsonite one). You'll find that you can't easily manage to carry a bulky changing bag, handbag, baby in car seat....

cod Tue 16-May-06 14:10:36

Message withdrawn

MrsDoolittle Tue 16-May-06 14:17:42

i bought an ice blue funky mummies on from Boots - it's lovely

sassy Tue 16-May-06 14:22:49

Had a serviceable,'proper' bag for dd1 from Avent with lots of pockets, warm pocket etc. Rucksack shaped. Hated it cos it didn't hold enough, slipped off shoulders, couldn't hang off pushchair etc. And it was UGLY (am handbag kinda gal.)

With dd2 had bee-yoo-tiful Mommybag (google them) in chinese silky fabric. Lovely and big, and looked nice. No flash pockets but didn't miss them.

Now she is 16mo, have graduated to a £2 swimbag from woolies containing a spare nappy or 2, mini pack of wipes and a pencil case containing few crayons and a mini colouring pad for each dd - and got my real handbags back. Bliss!!

MrsDoolittle Tue 16-May-06 14:27:26

here

YellowFeathers Tue 16-May-06 14:29:57

I bought one from Mothercare when I had dd 2 and a bit years ago. Not sure if they still do it but they may have a similar one.
It was very good, plain black record bag type. Had 2 main zip sections in and a front zip pocket. It came with a changing mat,insulated bottle bag, dummy purse and a nappy bag.
Could easily fit in a days supply of bottles in and a never ending supply of nappies and wipes!

I think it cost £20.

sassy Tue 16-May-06 14:32:09

Actually cod is right.

Big handbags ('totes' a/c to Grazia mag)are very in at the mo. Get a really nice one - spend a lot on it cos you aren't buying a change bag, a cheapo mat and bingo! A stylish mummy!

LunaMoona Tue 16-May-06 14:36:39

saw a fab 'tote' bag in h & m but they only had it in bright yellow - ugh. anyone seen it ?

LunaMoona Tue 16-May-06 14:39:25

saw a fab 'tote' bag in h & m but they only had it in bright yellow - ugh. anyone seen it ?

nellie01 Tue 16-May-06 17:16:10

Thanks for that, I will definately rethink what I'm going to use. Looks like the big handbag is the way forward

Em32 Wed 17-May-06 09:26:49

If you've got the money and especially if you're going to go back to work you could splash out on a designer bag that looks like a handbag but actually works like a changing bag (see storksak, hennabecca etc on the web)

Em32 Wed 17-May-06 09:30:51

Also see happybags - I haven't bought one but there are loads of beautiful ones. Some affordable some not so.......

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: