Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

*BONYM* Bumgenius help!!

(180 Posts)
flamesparrow Tue 16-May-06 10:41:44

I've got it on its folded down version because DS is only diddy, but it all wicks from the lining bit round the front... Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to stop it folding forward a bit and wicking?

If not, I might have a nappy to sell you

MrsDoolittle Tue 16-May-06 10:50:01

Just the person I was looking for. And on the subject I was after

flamesparrow Tue 16-May-06 10:52:05

MrsDoolittle Tue 16-May-06 10:54:39

You don't sound convinced. I'm selling some to pay for my nappy habit

flamesparrow Tue 16-May-06 11:04:27

Right - bumgenius, I like the style, easy to use for a non-cloth user (babysitters etc), but I seem to be having this wicking problem. Washes really well - the booster takes itself out in the machine so washes well.

Hempresto I'm still gathering pennies to try (had forgotten what I was wanting to buy ) - I think I might be forced to get one later (sold a pile of bamboozles).

I tried magicalls as well, but they don't seem to be coping, so I'm waiting until the babykind sale at the end of the month and giving the next size up a try... They do a 70% refund on used nappies, so it might be worth my while seeing if they'll take back my small ones - I'll do the adding up and see if I could get more just selling them on or not.

MrsDoolittle Tue 16-May-06 11:06:42

I gather the bumgenius are so cute but they are really slim.
How come you sold your bamboozles? I thought you liked them.
I have looked at the HemPresto nappies but I wonder if there are better ones out there

BonyM Tue 16-May-06 11:11:49

Hello!!!

Sorry, flamesparrow, I've not had a wicking problem - we're using them on the 2nd set of poppers and they've been fine.

Have you tried poppering up rather than down? (Iyswim). Then the front stays a bit flatter.

MrsDoolittle Tue 16-May-06 11:13:39

Bonym are you the Bumgenius guru?

I have been thinking about them. Ds is 13 weeks and diddy too. Are they very slim

BonyM Tue 16-May-06 11:19:34

Not sure if "guru" is the right word, but think I am the first MNetter to use them!

I think they're great - very slim and easy to use and I haven't had any leaks or wicking. They're not a pretty nappy but very functional - the most reliable pocket nappy that I've tried.

Am wondering now if flamesparrows wicking problem is a boy thing? I have a dd.

MrsDoolittle Tue 16-May-06 11:22:51

I have always been into cute pretty nappies but I'm finding with a boy my attitude is changing.
I'd like easy nappies, that I can throw into the washing machine on a hot wash and dry quickly.
Hope it's not a boy thing.

flamesparrow Tue 16-May-06 11:23:57

Oooh, good idea - I'll try it!

I bought 15 bamboozles in the first place, but I only use about 3 a day at the most, with a fluffle for nights, was every 3rd day, and I have a few other different ones too, so I didn't need anywhere near that many, so I sold 5, sent one as a trial, and now still have 9 of em

The thing putting me off the hempresto is the cost of all the bits when put together...

BonyM Tue 16-May-06 11:25:30

They're really easy - dry in an instant - they're the only ones I don't put in the tumble dryer and they dry just as fast! Probably the most like a disposable that I've found (so great for dhs!)

MrsDoolittle Tue 16-May-06 11:25:41

Well precisely Flame.
I was going to give the bumgenius a bash though.

MrsDoolittle Tue 16-May-06 11:27:17

Are they nice and soft BonyM. I saw a review that saia they were like pastic. What are they like next to baby skin? Maybe I should try one to start

BonyM Tue 16-May-06 11:31:55

Really soft lining - very, very fine fleecy fabric, imagine its very comfortable next to the skin.

Outside is a bit plasticy - like a waterproof wrap really, but then I guess it needs to be waterproof!

MrsDoolittle Tue 16-May-06 11:41:55

where did you buy yours from?
What other nappies do you have?

<Checking out cloth nappy credentials>

flamesparrow Tue 16-May-06 12:14:35

Tis very soft plasticy though, so I don't find it an issue....

Please can you all check out washabums - cloth addicts anonymous

(or not so anonymous really....)

BonyM Tue 16-May-06 12:44:11

Don't you trust me Mrs D?

I got mine from the Natural Baby Resource - the only place that was stocking them at the time (not sure if others are now).

I have Happy Heinys and Bamboozles as well - like the Happy Heinys for the cute factor but find they need changing every couple of hours to avoid wicking.

Love my bamboozles - always use them if I know we might not get a chance to change for a while, but am fed up with nippas now as dd2 won't stay still so am looking to sell them.

Also got one Sandy, one Fuzzi Bunz, one Wee Notions (in order of popularity!)

Will check out that link now FS.
I'll

flamesparrow Tue 16-May-06 13:41:12

Yup, mine were NBR too, I use them and babykind mostly

(Is it sad that I am a regular at nappy shops...?)

MrsDoolittle Tue 16-May-06 13:43:16

ok bumgenius it is then. How are you getting on Flame?

Thanks BonyM - impressed with nappy credentials

flamesparrow Tue 16-May-06 14:21:08

Given up on the bumgenius for the day (only got the one) - Gonna fiddle with it on a teddy bear later

I'm starting to wonder if it is just the style and my ds's bum.. I breed em with sticky out bums, so with disposables it is a nightmare getting a good fit round the big bum, and then neat at the waist, so we get leaks all the time - the bumgenius is the same shape, which could be causing the issues. Maybe I'm destined to a life of nippas and airflows

Looked up the hempresto properly - £17 for just one complete set . Maybe not for me....

I do like the look of those fleece mat thingies though - might go to fabric land tomorrow and get a bit of fleece and some poppers and make me one.

anchovies Tue 16-May-06 14:50:27

I am so glad I found this thread! I have exactly the same problem with my poppered down bumgenius, the suedecloth inner sticks out the front with mine too. Takes tonnes of adjusting until I am sure it is't going to wick, really annoying. I have a boy with no bum whatsoever so that doesn't explain it!

flamesparrow Tue 16-May-06 15:03:51

Hmmm... I might try it on just one set of poppers rather than two....

MrsDoolittle Tue 16-May-06 15:09:19

oh dear

BonyM Tue 16-May-06 16:33:18

Oh well, I still like mine...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: