Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

can anyone recommend training pants for my tiny dd?

(9 Posts)
SleepySuzy Mon 15-May-06 19:28:49

Sorry if this has been done before, but I'm having problems with the potty training at the mo.

DD is 2, and very tiny (still in 12-18 month clothing).

She was doing brilliantly with the toilet training, but suddenly seems to have taken a backward step. Sometimes she even just crouches in the middle of the living room and wees.

We use disposable training pants (i.e. pullups) when out, and I don't think this is helping at all, as she uses them like a nappy.

So, what should I try? Any suggestions?

NannyL Mon 15-May-06 22:34:45

have you tried mother care? they do training pants... i reckon the smallest size would be ok!

NannyL Mon 15-May-06 23:01:05

Or you could just try normal pants.... im sure motehrcare do 12 - 18 months and M&S do too... i KNOW M&S do 18 - 24 months...

my little charge is 4.... she is tiny and STILL has some old 18 - 24 month size pants (tho most now are 2 - 3!) she is still in size 18 - 24 month old trousers anyway!

IMO proper pants are best for potty training anyway... at least they can feel when they are wet... you can always stick a pampers care mat underneath them in a car seat or pushchair so its not a disaster if they have an accident.

Surfermum Mon 15-May-06 23:10:33

I just went straight to knickers and didn't use pull ups. The only exceptions were when she was a bridesmaid and when we went on long car journeys.

DD was dry within a couple of days for 5 weeks and all through a camping trip. It was on the last morning that everything just went to pot and she kept having accidents. She was then all over the place with it. She loves picking up stones on the beach so I nicked the pasta jar idea from here, got her a jar and every wee/poo on the potty got a stone in the jar. That helped a lot and she was pretty good from then on.

We had a problem again when she started pre-school. She was fine at home but was too shy to ask at school, so kept having accidents. This time I started a sticker chart and when she got 10 stickers she got to go and choose a book (charity shop, so it only cost me 25p!). I only had to do one chart and we cracked it.

I was a bit fed up that she was so good at the start and then seemed to regress, but our community nursery nurse told me it was normal. I think it probably coincided with her pushing the boundaries a bit too and just seeing what she could get away with.

Kidstrack Mon 15-May-06 23:14:23

i used cotton bottoms training pants size small, when she wee'd she didn't like the wet feeling against her skin, think she only had 3 acccidents in them, then we used pulls ups at night or when on long walks, when in and around the house we used normal pants

SleepySuzy Tue 16-May-06 12:25:32

Thanks - they aren't to wear all the time, just on journeys or when i feel we need them.

cod Tue 16-May-06 12:29:41

Message withdrawn

LIZS Tue 16-May-06 12:33:20

You can get washable Kushies here which I used a few times with ds on long journeys. With dd she was so attached to her regular knickers that when we had to go out I occasionally put a disposable pull-up over the top - she got the sensation of wet with an accident but no leaks ! dd is 5 in August and still wears some 18-24 month Tesco knickers !

SleepySuzy Tue 16-May-06 12:41:29

Why Cod?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: