Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Faithful bumble or the new swaddlebees?

(15 Posts)
MrsDoolittle Sun 14-May-06 22:11:58

Ok, I need some more nappies. I have a 2 year old and a newborn and I was hoping to get some nappies that may suit both.
I love my bumbles, particularly for their fleece lining (my new coloured one are lovely). I have used them for 2 years as a night time nappy.
I have also used MEOS, totsbots, minkis, cute patooties of which I think for overall servicability I like the bummbles the best, tots a close second.
I have been checking out the kittykins site and I see these new-fangled swaddlebees that have caught my eye.
So what's the verdict? May I ask?

marytee Mon 15-May-06 10:08:45

Have tried swaddlebees recently with DD, who is 7 months. We didn't get on very well - had quite a few leaks. DD is quite a 'sturdy' girl and i wonder if this has anything to do with it - we have had problems with a couple of other nappies fit wise. I bought them because i thought they would be easy for the childminder, but have reverted quickly to tots rainbow and bamboozles. I have to say that the swaddlebees are lovely nappies and very slim - i was quite disappointed that they didn't work for us. We also use bumbles at night, as well as a minki. I have to say that even if the swaddlebees had been leak free, i doubt i would have trusted them to be absorbent enough for night.

HTH, happy nappy buying (i luurve buying new nappies!!)

MrsDoolittle Mon 15-May-06 10:32:07

bump

vkone Mon 15-May-06 12:11:16

Is that the pockets or velour ones? We tried one pocket one and it leaked in a spectacular fashion and was very small on DS (and he's not huge or anything). I haven't tried the velour ones but they are supposed to be gorgeous!

Both types are very slim fitting so would suit a slim/tall baby . Also I noticed recently that weenotions are also doing velour nappies to order which are slightly cheaper and you can choose the filling (microfibre/hemp/sherpa etc.)

MrsDoolittle Mon 15-May-06 13:06:12

I have never tried a weenotions nappy. Considering now whether I should go with my tried and tested!!

Ds is only 13 weeks and by no means a large baby, he's fitting nicely into my tots size 1 and coloured bumbles without the insert.

They say swaddlebees are no good for heavy wetters!

maisiemog Mon 15-May-06 13:25:53

Hi there, I haven't tried Swaddlebees, but have seen a fair few comments about leaks, I think they suit non-heavy wetters and particulary people who are willing to sacrifice absorbency in the interests of a tiny bum for clothes. If you are putting your littlie into a bumble you don't sound particularly hungup on a tiny bum.
There are a few reviews for swaddlebees on my nappy review blog here and for wee notions. Have a look anyway, you may see something else you like, I've heard good things about the bumgenius (where do these names come from??? )

MrsDoolittle Mon 15-May-06 14:09:41

Looks like the bumgenius is the closest thing to a disposable. Not very cute though.

MrsDoolittle Mon 15-May-06 14:10:12

Im going off the swaddlebees now

maisiemog Tue 16-May-06 17:07:50

Apparently they will be doing colours soon for the Bumgenius, already have them in the US. I was thinking they might be good for two completely different sized babies.
If you want cute try looking at WAHM Mall here

maisiemog Tue 16-May-06 17:10:03

Or the cloth resource WAHM list here
I love Poochies nappies which you can buy from Banana Babies on the list.

MrsDoolittle Tue 16-May-06 17:57:05

Thank you maisiemog. I have done most of them with dd, I was just looking out for something new for ds.

UniSarah Tue 16-May-06 20:04:35

I'm a big fan of the bumbles- top nappy for newborn boys as all the fold that reduces the size is just where you want it for absorbancy with out needing to use a booster that makes it a bit bulky on a tiny. My lad is 9wks and has been in bumbles since 2wks, I've tried a few others ( MEOS, popolino, tots bots and prefold ) but bumble is def fav. I'd be interested to hear how you get on with them with your 2 YO as I'm hoping to use them till potty training.

maisiemog Wed 17-May-06 00:36:39

Mrs Doolittle were you after pocket nappies? Or do you just fancy a bit of a change?

MrsDoolittle Thu 18-May-06 17:08:44

Just fancy a bit of a change

Chuffed Sun 21-May-06 10:42:59

MrsD we have the organic cotton fitted swaddlebees which I love on ds, the fold out bit folds up like the tots but they are slimmer fitting and just so lovely and soft. I have heard that the organic cotton is more absorbent than the velour they are fine for us and ds is a heavy wetter. If I could afford more I prefer these to the tots on him and those fit well on him. The pockets we have to pad up lots, they need the microfibre and the microfibre cloth folded up in them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: