Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing nappies. If you want to buy or sell reusable nappies, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Hemp nappies?

(5 Posts)
smallsheep Fri 12-Oct-12 10:37:09

Hello all,

I have heard they are great for absorbency, but does any one here use hemp nappies? (or just boosters)
If you do use hemp, what do you use?

How do you think it compares to bamboo? is it more absorbent or about the same, does it take as long to dry?

There does not seem to be a lot to choose from, so just wondering if it is so good why there aren't more around (or maybe I am looking in the wrong places)

Are there any disadvantages? which is maybe why it is not as popular as bamboo.

ValiumQueen Fri 12-Oct-12 13:31:14

I have one sad hemp insert which came with a bundle. I used it once six years ago, and it took forever to dry. I dug it out this week and plan to use it today, so I will let you know.

smallsheep Fri 12-Oct-12 20:22:41

Thank you ValiumQueen.
I was on another nappy forum, and there were a few raving about how good hemp was. So I had a quick nose to see what was available, but there is hardly anything, and none of the bigger brands do it.
I thought if it is so good, why are there only 2 nappies that I can find, that are hemp, and wondered if anyone here used it and what they thought.

TheWicketKeeperIsDown Fri 12-Oct-12 22:40:48

I loved Ella's House Bumhugger night nappies for a good while but somehow they're not working for us anymore and I've swapped to Bamboozle stretches. Tbh, the EHBH actually dried more quickly than the Bamboozles but I primarily just use them at night so it's not a disaster to have them taking a while to dry. Going to sell off my Bumhuggers.

TheWicketKeeperIsDown Sun 14-Oct-12 09:41:11

Oh! I completely forgot that one of my two absolute favourite workhorse nappies has hemp soakers! Real Easy nappies - love them. And they dry remarkably quickly. If you turn them inside out they'll dry on an airer in a warm room in a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now